Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch!

Hi,
    :new: just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading the posts and am finding them very helpful it's great to hear about how everyone is going and what strategies are used to fight this horrible addiction.

Just wanted to ask a question i am 17 day af today and my body is aching main my back and neck muscles - has anyone experienced this? I was drinking a bottle of red wine a night which i used to relax after work. The only thing i can put it down to is that now that i am not self medicating my nervous system is adjusting and causing muscle tightness. I bought some magnesium so hopefully it will ease the pain.

Let me know your thoughts i thought by day 17 i would be feeling better.
    Thanks for listening have a VERY HAPPY AF day!
    Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

ouch!

Welcome overittoday!

I don't know about the aches and pains. How about some exercise/ yoga/ meditation to help with relaxation?

Congratulations on the 17 days - that's great!
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

ouch!

Welcome overit! Congrats on 17 Days AF! I'm thinking along the lines that Marshy is - maybe some exercise / relaxation might help. Magnesium is good too!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you..

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

ouch!

Although your muscle pain is no doubt unpleasant, I doubt it has anything to do with giving up alcohol. At the 17 day point the main remnant related to your drinking would likely be the continuing psychological urges to drink that we all experience, not any physical withdrawal effects. Congratulations on 17 days!

Comment

ouch!

Hi overittoday,

Welcome & congrats on your 17 AF days You must feel proud at this point!

Perhaps your neck/back pain could be due tension??!!
          I think I remember having a bit of that myself - turning my emotional tension into physical tension. A warm shower, a cup of herbal tea all help as do the Hypno CDs. They really taught me to emotionally & physically relax without AL

Wishing you continued success & please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread & say hello!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

ouch!

Brilliant on 17 days AF. Perhaps in stopping the alcohol you have also improved your diet and the pains could be those of detoxification. It may also be your body's way of attracting your attention if you carry a lot of responsibility for others practically and emotionally.
            I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

ouch!

Hi all,
              Thanks so much for you advise.
              Marshy and Doggygirl i do mediate 20 mins in the morning and night i have been doing this for most of my life now. It does help clear the thoughts from my head i also do at least 45 minutes of exercise a day which also makes me feel good. Maybe i should ramp it up while Im feeling this way.
              JB the urges are still there but am learning to disregard the crazy thoughts.
              Lavande and Gold i think you are right in saying that i am turning emotion tension into physical tension, i can also feel my jaw clench so i am really holding all my stress (which i never noticed when i was drinking as that was my relaxation device) . I have booked in for a deep tissue massage tomorrow to relieve some the pain.
              Thanks again:l
              Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

ouch!

Hi overit and congrats on another day sober! Boy that massage sounds nice. Can I come too????

Hopefully finding ways to de-stress will help with the pain issues. Another thing might be diet? I tend to want more sugar now that I don't drink AL and when I give in to that, I can physically feel it in my joints and stuff. Not sure if that's an issue for you - just something else to consider.

Happy AF Wednesday! Massage Day!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X