here I go again !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here I go again !!!!

Wow, I so happy I ve found this site. I have quit drinking many times in the past 27yrs and each time I am less and less successful...so Im happy to have a place to flap my jaw about it will help...the 1st time I really quit for 40 days was right before my wedding...I did it on a "bet" with my sister, who was my maid of honor...well we got so blasted at my wedding shower, that we made a bet to quit for "Lent", (that comes right before Easter, a Catholic thing) and wow it was hard, especially cuz we both were waitresses in a restaurant, drinking bar establishment. Well I swear, I never cheated and was so thrilled with myself, lost weight, got all the wedding plans together, and even my fiance joined in on the quitting....se la vie..of course right before the wedding, and all I started again the forty days were over but not heavy drinking and not everyday... just enuf to get a good buzz...so since then, every year at this time I try to do it and my husband too..Of course, I have been successful many times after that, but in the last, Id say 10yrs...I never can get thru 4 days, forget about 40... my work lately is real scarce..some days, I drink so much I loose count...I dont even think Im get buzzed...see Im a functioning alcoholic...I keep working while I drink...like clean the house, cook especially...clean out draws, closets, etc...I can get pretty hyper when I drink, most days...WELL tomorrow is what they call ASH WEDNESDAY...the first day of lent...My husband and I are gonna give it a go...(He really has no addiction, its me) He stopped for like 3yrs once, only to start becuz of my egging him on, come on have a beer !!!! SO PLEASE SEND OUT THE GOOD VIBES, PRAYERS OR WHATEVER FOR ME...GOTTA RUN NOW AND GET A SMALL BOTTLE OF VODKA FOR TONIGHT...THEN TOSS OUT ANY LEFTOVERS TOMORROW...tomorrow will be my day 1....I'll be back to let ya know how it's going!!!!!!!!!:new:
    :thanks::new::h

here I go again !!!!

Welcome .. .I'm relatively new here & just getting my "quitting" underway. I find this site very helpful & many here have a lot of good tips & advice. I feel hopeful that I'll be successful now. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X