2 days without alcohol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 days without alcohol!

I know it isn't long but it is the first time in over a year I havn't drank every night.

The weekend will be harder but I know I can do it!!
    :new:

2 days without alcohol!

Congratulations! Keep coming here and posting! I know how hard it is but it has to be done, it only gets worse!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Lilyanne - I'll look for you here this weekend & we'll do this together, along with all these fabulous MWO supporters who I am so grateful to have stumbled upon! I'm on Day 2 AF and this is my first weekend in over 6 years which I fully intend on making it through sans AL!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

one second at a time

Lilyanne;808512 wrote: I know it isn't long but it is the first time in over a year I havn't drank every night.

The weekend will be harder but I know I can do it!!
        :new:
        congrats lilyanne,thats all you can xpect,ive been doing this for years,where theres a will theres a way,there is no such a thing as failure,i also will be watching for you gyco:welcome::goodjob:

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Congrats 2 days is a great start! I am afraid of the weekend as well so I have lined up a bunch of projects to keep me busy and tonight I am going to the movies with the hubby. It will be hard especially when the sun goes down but I know we can all do it. Here is to a weekend of sobriety and free of hangovers!!!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Well done on the first two days.

Try and stay strong over the weekend.
            Get yourself out and about and do things that you don't associate with drinking.

It's day 47 for me so I know how hard the first few are.

Coming on here helps.
            Keep on keeping on!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Excuses - I also have a movie date with my husband this weekend and a to do list of things I've been wanting to get done around the house but never did because I was hungover on either Saturday or Sunday or both. I want us all to discuss on Monday how it feels to get through the weekend AF - I bet we're going to feel revitalized and renewed in our belief that we can do this!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Welcome Lilyann.....
                Congrats on 2 days!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Cecelia- I know the feeling all to well! I cant remeber the last time I was not hungover on the weekend and wondering if everyone at my daughters events could tell! It will be nice to hold my head up and actually not worry if the smell of booze is coming out of my pores!

As for everyone stay strong and we should definitley keep posting and update each other on the status of our weekend, we can do this!!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

A big wecome Lilyann, you have found a wonderfully supportive place to be. I only stumbled on this site last weekend and now it feels like home Best of luck and keep posting!

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Hi Lilyanne,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                      Please visit us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, lots of folks there just getting started too

Congrats on your 2 AF days, that's great! To help you keep your focus you need to make a plan. Look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas.
                      If you haven't already, buy & download the MWO book from the Health store for about $12. It's a quick read, gives you all the info you need to know about the program.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Welcome, Lilyanne, and congratulations on 2 days AF! One day at a time they do add up! :h
                        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Congrats

..on one of the best decisions you could have made. Be patient w/yourself. I firmly believe in the supplements and exercise. Why not spend the weekend exercising and popping supps. and eating well. Takes up the free time and your mind will be busy trying to figure out what's goin' on and then Monday will be here. I am 4 days in myself and as of last week I couldn't make it past 3 days for like 2 1/2 months. VERY:goodjob:

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

ROCK ON!! Yes you can do it!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

2 days without alcohol!

Welcome Lilyann - yes you can do it stay focussed on your goal, read the threads, hit the chat room, make plans for your danger periods.
                              Good luck on your journey!
                              Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Working...
                              X