searching for my way out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

searching for my way out

:new:Hello! I am going to start on this adventure tomorrow and hopefully find my way out. I have read the book 2 times, got all the supplements, the topamax, and the hypnosis CD's. I am scared I will fail like I have many times before. The cravings are always so strong driving home from work to hit that store for my wine. Can I do it?? We shall see. I so want to write the letters AF like so many of you........

searching for my way out

Welcome Klef,

I was in your shoes 7 weeks ago when I decided to quit (again). Previous attempts were by will power alone and this time I incorporated the program and I have never felt better. Now sobriety is not a chore but a blessing!

The drive home from work was one of my many alcohol related weaknesses. I did find that making certain I was not hungry driving home helped alot with not picking up my usual evening amount. I'd like to suggest having some healthy snacks in the afternoon so hunger is not an issue that might cause cravings on the way home. Good luck
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

searching for my way out

drive home

Thank you. That does make sense because sugar levels drop in the afternoon. I will get some healthy snacks for the drive home. I want and need this to work.

Comment

searching for my way out

Hey Klef - welcome - I decided to reply to you as there are so few here these days who are on Topa. Have you actually started on it yet? I have been on it since middle of December and am doing really well. Been AF since early Jan. Have very few side effects and feel great. Feel free to PM me if you want to. As I said - there are so few people here on Topa now. Bac seems to be the new drug of choice. Topa worked really well for me - hope it works for you too. You can do this!!!!
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
        X