Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto

Hi, am am what you would call a "newbee", but am looking for some one else in the downtown Toronto area to share this with me, as I don't want to go to AA, and I don't want to go into a "detox institution" for a few weeks that wasn't my own choice. I am a middle class- working women, late 30's, and could very nearly be "happily married" ( I have been married for 7 years and adore my husband). I suspect he is close on giving up on me and my "closet drinking" There has to be somebody out there in my situation - looking for a person like I am???????????

Toronto

Hi and welcome Olivia.

The wonderful thing about this community is we are from all walks of life, from all over the world and we can relate to your situation.

Have you read the book "My Way Out" yet -- it's a good place to start your journey:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Toronto

Welcome Olivia......we are here for you
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Toronto

Hi Olivia
        :welcome:. I am a n00b also, just posted for the first time this weekend. I'm 100 km down the 401 from you, middle class, late 40s, have a great man, great life. Oh, and a drinking problem. I'm not going for a detox, not going to AA, but embarking on my journey nonetheless. Feel free to PM me. We are all in this together!
        "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Toronto

:welcome: Olivia! Looks like you are already finding some local support. Just wanted to say that I was in a similar situation and mind set when I first started my journey - middle class, married to a great guy, didn't want to go to AA or rehab, etc. Here I am ....WOW I just realized that today is my 21 month sober anniversary!! Anyway...here I am this much later clean and sober, marriage in tact, and getting life back on track. Sobriety rocks.

All the best to you on your journey!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Toronto

Hi Olivia: I do live in Toronto. I am in a very similar situation as you.I am married, with a daughter a good job and I am secret drinker, (and not so secret drinker) But I am 6 months AF on Wednesday. Its been a long journey and difficult journey but so worth it.I sent you a PM and would be happy to give you any support I can.

Comment

Working...
            X