Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Hi All, hoping someone can give me some help with this. I have been AF since Feb 1 (I've had 2 slip ups, but those were just a few drinks --- nothing over the top) and for the past few days I have woken up in a serious fog. It almost feels like my brain is disconnected from my body. Not sure if you understand what I am talking about but I feel like I am in some kind of a daze, forgetful etc. I was wondering if this might have something to do with cutting back on AL or maybe it is just a cold coming on. Just wondering if any of you have felt these symptoms after having a few weeks AF, and do you have any remedies you tried to shake the fog?

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

I had that foggy feeling probably for about the first month sober. It passed on it's own. Hopefully it will pass soon for you too.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Hi Jelly,
      I'm at the same place you are AF wise and I also have a fuzzy, almost like a fog, almost like a cold, almost like a hangover general malaise. I was wondering the same thing - is this normal. I am also finding that I am incredibly exhausted all the time even though I'm sleeping well.

I hope it passes soon, I want to feel good!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Thanks DG and Uni, I was feeling great the first 2 weeks or so, then this fog set in. It is a really creepy feeling, like I am not all together here. From what I've been reading, this does seem to happen about a month in. Keeping fingers crossed that it passes soon!

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Are you taking any supplements?

Brain Foods Pictures Slideshow: What to Eat for Better Concentration

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Hi BPleasant, yes, I currently take 6000-9000mgs of L-Glute daily in 3 doses, plus 400mgs SAMe, A multi vitamin, DHA supplement and a 'liver cleanser'. The L-Glute really seems to help manage cravings and keeps my mood and anxiety stable. I would say that as of about a week ago this fuzzy head started. Luckily I don't have any desire for AL, but this balloon head is making me nuts! I can't seem to focus or concentrate on anything.

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Hi Jelly,

Yep - same here. I gave up the AL on 25th Jan and like you have had a couple since then.

My energy levels seem to go in waves. Bright eyed and bushy tailed one day and dead on my feet the next.

Just go with it and respond to what your body needs. For me, good food and lots of excercise and water are doing the trick. (I am not taking any medication or supps.)

It's often quoted here that it has taken us years to wreck our bodies so recovery will not be overnight.

I often have a snooze during the day. This morning, our local radion station has reported that a nanna nap can work wonders. When the headline was announced my husband and son both pointed at the radio and laughed! By the end of the report, I was able to say "see, I knew my naps were good for me." :H

Spam

Comment

Fuzzy Headed Feeling?

Spam, you are so right about recovery time. I think some symptoms last for months! I am happy to report that I do not have 'balloon head' this morning, so I am feeling pretty good! Hopefully it will stay away for a while!

Comment

Working...
                X