going into 3rd day af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going into 3rd day af

I feel so tired for some reason, i have just finished my book a drinking story and it really hit home and it was as if some parts of the book were written for me, so as scared as i am about aa i am going too drag myself there as i know that if i dont go i will fail, and that is not an option now, i feel alot more positive even though i know its a long battle i am ready for it

going into 3rd day af

Scissorhands,
    Sounds like a great idea to go to AA. Many on this site find it really helpful and full of hope. I think in the beginning many people feel tired and worn out. The alcohol is poison to your system and depletes you body of vitamins, minerals, etc. Plus, it affects your central nervous system, affecting your levels of depression and anxiety.

You can do this, it takes time. I read A Drinking Story and it was a good read but depressing. I like the AA big book as it has hope and interesting stories. You may enjoy reading it. Just keep learning and seeking until you find what works for you. Sending you strength and hope today.:h
    Redhibiscus

Comment

going into 3rd day af

Well done on 3AF - I have a friend who is in AA and he his coming up to his 12 month sobriety on Saturday. He has been in and out of AA many times but this time it really jelled for him and he likes the face to face contact. Good luck on your journey :l
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

going into 3rd day af

Good for you scissorshand i know how you feel, I just started going AA, and was sh*t scared at first to talk............ i know if i dont go i might end up drinking again, dont know why but it keeps me on the right path i also go counselling sessions which helps me a lot. I really look forward going to AA now, the group of people i got to know are really nice.
        Well done on 3days af let us know how u get on at AA. keep thinking positive it does help a lot.
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
        X