Withdrawl is bad today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawl is bad today

It's my second day sober after 10 years of drinking and a 6 month hardcore binge that I'm surprised didn't kill me. I started out positive, and am remaining optimistic...but I know tomorrow night I have at least 8 hours to myself without my boyfriend being home and the urge is going to come on strong. My body seems very confused right now, like I'm not myself. (My drunk self) My hands are starting to shake more and I feel sick to my stomach.

I'm so glad I'm not alone right now.

Withdrawl is bad today

Hang on Cranberry. You are not alone. We are here for you. :l:l:l:l It is hard but you CAN do this. Just grab on & hold tight. We've got you.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

Hi Cranberry. IT WILL PASS, IT WILL PASS notice how you are feeling this is what alcohol has done to you! Notice the uncomfortable feelings and know that they are only emotions and they will pass. You will get stronger and stronger with each day.

I detoxed at home but didnt shake, im not sure about this and if you should seek some medical advise?? you may need some help with the detox process. Can anyone else help with advise on this?

I'm here with you let me know if there is anything further i can do to help.
      x
      Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

Cranberry.........hang in there. What healthy activities do you enjoy? Do you like to read, cook, shop, get massages?????? What do you like? Schedule some of those during your alone time.
        :h getting better every day

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

Hang in there Cranberry. This is really hard but you can do it.

Have you checked out this section? This thread has several links about alcohol withdrawl. When I stopped drinking, I printed some things out and had my husband keep a close eye on me to make sure I didn't need medical attention. Maybe your BF could do that? Anyway, in case it's helpful here is the link: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wal-13412.html

Strength and hope to you my fellow traveler..

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

Do yourself a favor and start planning what you can do about tomorrow nite..like make sure there's no AL in the house...and no way for you to go get it...maybe hang out w/a friend whose AL-free and can help ya....maybe go shopping w/a friend...anywhere there's not AL...and best of all if you are home..
            just get on and talk, blog, blog, blog...alot great folks here...they've been where you are and can help ya thru it...and if being alone is just too hard...try and find a friend who can help!!! I'll be praying and thinking about you...been there before.........sisley
            :thanks::new::h

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

You are not alone and you can always turn to this site when you need someone to lean on. I hope that you get a plan to deal with the times when you feel the urge. In the meantime take good care of yourself. Read about withdrawal and be sure to get professional help if you need to.

Comment

Withdrawl is bad today

I went thru horrible withdrawl from drinking every day for the past year and a half. I got the courage to go to emergency and they gave me Thiame (which is vitamin b and some diazapam to help with the with withdrawl. It took all my courage to go and ask for help but I did it and it really helped me. I went on Thursday took friday off work ,slept all weekend with the help of the drugs and took Monday off.Tues I was good to go. If you can do this please do it was a blessing for me to go in there and get some immediate help.
                All the best to you.
                Careen.

Comment

Working...
                X