Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not alone

Bell & 8-8 :welcome:
    There are so many great people here (just like you) and so much really good information. This site has been a god-send for me. I think you have to start here with the attitude that this is not an instant fix - the journey may be long and come with some bumps in the road but you can be helped. The other thing I really like about MWO is that they never ever push you to spend your money on any of their products! Try finding another website out there like that! As for me, I am only trying the OTC supplements (L-Glutamine for cravings) but there is a lot of good information out there on other medications and supplements. Eventually hoping to download the book and maybe purchase CD's as I've heard positive things about them as well.

Only you know what is right for you - as for me, just becoming friends and sharing my story with all the great people here has helped me tremendously.

So glad you are here!

Jolie
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

i'm not alone

:welcome: Bellinator and 8am8pm! So glad you have found us.

Count me in as another who felt completely alone for years waking up every morning saying "I won't drink today" (to myself of course - I didn't admit my fears to ANYONE). Then as early in the day as the work schedule allowed, I would be drinking yet again. Wake up tomorrow, repeat. For many years I was a very high functioning alkie with an executive career. But eventually this spiral of drinking led to isolation and a desire to end my life. I felt SO ALONE.

Little did I know that what I was experiencing is really what many addicts experience. I was so glad to find this place! It has not been easy but I have been free of alcohol's ball and chain for over 1.5 years now and it's the best thing I ever did for myself. I have my life back!

If I can do it, so can you. I ditto the suggestion to start with the My Way Out book and then figure out from there what works for YOU.

Strength and hope,
      DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

i'm not alone

Hi Bellinator and 8 to 8
        I just joined a few weeks ago and bawled like a baby when I received so much instant love. I have purchased the MWO book, the CD's and the supplements (I started with the Starter Pack). I eventually decided to order the med Topamax and waiting to receive it. All these items load your arsenal with defenses. But you have to have your brain in the right place and the love and support of this amaxing on line family.
        Best of luck to you both....
        Smooches from Sunny Florida
        mama bear
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

i'm not alone

Hi Bell!
          You are definitely not alone. I can so relate to your daily struggle. By 3pm everyday I seem to "forget" my morning pledge of not drinking that day. Stay close to this site and shout out when you need help, together we can do this!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

i'm not alone

hi and welcome to you both. everything in your reply posts applies to me too. (wont repeat it all). i stumbled across this site last week. i wasnt really intending to try an alcohol free attempt right now but im now on day 5 af (a record for me in last few years). its great to realize you are not alone. this is a great place to be. lots of help, support and people going through exactly the same as you. just read read read. so much wisdom here x
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

i'm not alone

duck!

5 days is amazing! that would be a record for me too! congratulations and keep it up. :goodjob:
              :h getting better every day

Comment

Working...
              X