well i am into 4th day af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wont say its been easy but i am taking one day at a time, and every time the urge comes i just tell myself it will pass soon, it seems too work, i got some good advice from my uncle who is in recovery and been sober for 14 years its never the last drink that screws with you its the first drink, so heres too another day

:goodluck: on day 4,
    You're right it's not easy but very doable. Sounds like a wise man your uncle.
    J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well Edward....keep up the good work ! We are here to help....IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Keep it up

Hi Scissorhands well done on your 4th AF day - Your uncle certainly has wise words, please keep taking the advice, it definately is the first one you have to avoid like the plague!! I have slipped and drank the last 2 days and I feel ill. Good luck on your journey you can do it
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Scissorhands, it is ODAT, sometimes for me it is one minute at a time. You can do this AF thing. Keep posting and follow your plan. Sometimes it is fun to make a list of positive reasons to stay AF.
          1. Sleeping through the night
          2. Waking up and not feeling guilty and/or ashamed

Have a great AF day.
          Redhibiscus

Comment

Thanks guys, i got into a pattern where i had felt guilt and most of all shame, so i would reach for the drink then it would make it ok what i had done or said, but then it would be the same again, once i can break the pattern and the vicious cycle i am hopefully half way there, i have never been so determined to do this, the way i am thinking now is YES i screwed up on many of occasions, but now i will show every one who doubts me that there is a person that has had a problem but has come through the otherside, like we all can, good luck guys just remember drink is not your friend its your biggest enemy, and if a friend treated you the way drink does you would ditch them

Comment

:goodjob: Scissorhands! You are doing great. I love your last post - if AL was a "friend" who treated us like that, we sure WOULD ditch him. You will be so glad you did this.

I agree with your uncle there is only one drink to avoid and that's the first one. As long as we leave that first one alone we have no others to worry about.

Rock on!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X