X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought for the day

Today's thought :

Our Higher Power is in charge.

It's such a relief to give up our obsession to control, once we learn how. As we do to establish any new routine, we have to practice. In this case, we practice turning people and circumstances to God. Our first reactin will be the familiar one, always. For so long we thought we had to be in charge. It's no wonder we felt crazy at times. We were trying to assure other people did the right thing, based on our perspective. Usually God, or they, had something else in mind.

Letting God hold the reins gives us a lot of extra time. We can narrow our focus to what we need to do today. And we can use our extra time to pray for the well-being of other people. Our payoff is feeling sane, peaceful, and rested at the end of each day.

I will enjoy the sanity of letting God take care of other people today. I'll just take care of myself.

You are reading from the book: A Life of My Own by Karen Casey.

:hug:
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Thought for the day

Thanks Panno,
    I really enjoyed reading that - great way to start the day :l
    Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Thought for the day

All the areas of your life that are out of order can be reconciled through Jesus and the work that He has done on the cross. Believe that! Don't settle for bondage, but be determined to be free! Galatians 4:31; 5:1
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Thought for the day

Aid for the Soul

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can........ Ralph Waldo Emerson

:groupluv:
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Thought for the day

There is no shortcut to life. To the end of our days, life is a lesson imperfectly learned.
          --Harrison E. Salisbury
          There are no perfect days. We have struggled hard against this truth. In our demanding ways, we haven't wanted life to be a process; we have wanted to reach a secure point of arrival. We have struggled against the dialogue and learning process of experience. We've looked for a "fix" and for perfection. Even now in recovery we long to "get it right." We continue to learn and to grow, but the lessons we learn are not the things we expected. We grieve the lateness of our learning, and then we go on to learn more.
          As we grow in this program, we learn how to learn. We become more accepting of life as a process with no shortcut to the truth. We learn to engage in the process and accept that there usually is no right or wrong answer at the end of our search.
          Today, may I accept the truth, which comes from the lessons of my experience -- and be tolerant of its incompleteness.

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
          X