I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

and I gotta stop the insanity of trying to stop on my own. I need help.

(((((
    SuperBernie

I'm back

Hey SuperB Welcome back!
    If you have been here before you will already know what great support it offers...
    Sending you much strength x
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

I'm back

Super Bernie
      are u taking supplements and have u ordered meds?
      I am waiting on Topamax order
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm back

Welcome back SP thought I'd say a quick hello and we can all help each other by keep reading and posting :welcome:
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

I'm back

Hi SuperBernie,
          I am new also. I couldn't do it on my own either. I would suggest going to the doctor, they can and will help! I am not a fan of AA, so I need to figure out another way. I'm wishing the best for you....we can do this!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm back

Hey K9 - You mentioned you are not a fan of AA and I wondered whether you have read the Allen Carr book "Easyway to quit drinking" it is a great alternative to AA and helped me enormously.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

I'm back

hi & welcome super bernie and k9lover,it is nearly impossible to beat this monster on our own,but you both have come to a great community with lots of support & advice,log in as much as you can,you are not alone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm back

I love the Baclofen, It has really made it easy for me!

Comment

I'm back

Hi Chillgirl,
                  Yes, I own Allen Carr's book, and I have read anything and everything related to alcoholism, addiction, etc. I've been tackling this monster for a long time, but still open to new ideas and suggestions!
                  SuperBernie,
                  What have you tried so far? I know this beast is hard to kill. If you need anything please let me know and I will try to help as best I can!

Comment

I'm back

will power, that's all i've tried. last year i had the doc prescribe something for withdrawal. I don't remember what it was.

i don't think that i will have severe withdrawal symptoms, i can stay sober for a day, especially when i have nothing to push me to drink. rare are those days. i think i'm doing it because i'm lonely.
                    SuperBernie

Comment

I'm back

I feel all fuzzy from last nights binge. ugh...
                      SuperBernie

Comment

I'm back

Hi SB,
                        I know that "fuzzy" feeling ALL too well. I've found that having some Gatorade helps me a bit. I can totally related to drinking out of lonliness. I honestly believe that's why I do it too, either that or boredom, or maybe just a sense of "I worked all day, I deserve it!"...but deserve what? A hangover? I'm fighting one this morning, but I'm determined to make today an AF day! Have you ever tried taking a long bath with some Epsom Salt poured in? I find that helps around the "witching" hour when I want to drink, and the salts help replace minerals that the alcohol takes from your body. Sometimes small things like that can really help. I hope your day improves, stick close, there are a lot of wise people on this site!

Comment

I'm back

I'll try the Epsom Salt bath. I am also going to make this an AF day. I'm trying not to worry about tonight until tonight comes. its so easy to stop at a store on my way home and get my party started. I'm so tired of this though.
                          SuperBernie

Comment

I'm back

Hi Super...I know the feeling. If u can, get a couple of days af under yr belt and it does get easier. Im not a great one to talk though! Hope things work out for u X

Comment

I'm back

Thanks Bella... I'm gonna do this. just need strength.
                              SuperBernie

Comment

Working...
                              X