4 days and it's almost the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is day 4, the longest I've been sober in close to a year, and I'm doing much better than I thought I would. Keeping busy helps a lot, plus all my support here and that from my best friend as well. :thanks:

I'm no longer suffering withdrawl symptoms, I'm sleeping regularly, my body doesn't ache, and I no longer feel dazed and exhausted. This is so refreshing to have a clear view on life right now, and I want to stick with it.

One thing I'm noticing, however, is that my mind is trying to tell me that I can regulate my drinking. That because I've made it this far I can "reward" myself for doing so well. One won't hurt, right? That's what my brain says to me. But I know that if I choose to take that route I will just end up in the same place I've been for years: lost and still aware that a problem exsists, and that I will have to start all over again. I think to myself when this happens "wow, I've made it 4 days. How's it going to feel when I make it 4 WEEKS, then 4 YEARS?" Keeping that kind of outlook helps me focus on what I ultimately know is right for my life: not drinking. I feel great right now and I want that feeling to continue!

I want to encourage everyone who is just starting out, like I am, to hang in there and stay positive! Every day presents a new challenge, yet every day you gain strength for the next. Do what's right for YOU, and nobody else. Be true to yourself, no matter what!

deserving a drink

:goodjob:
    well done cranberry. yes you deserve a reward you certainly dont deserve glass of poison. days not over yet for me but i am on day 5af which is my first goal as i have only done it once in about 5 days. feeling pleased and wanted a celebration drink. youve said it all in your post.feel hey yeah ive done that i can control this. how many times ive fooled myself with this (and really believed it). starting to realize i am not in control .... yet.. hopefully one day (one way or another) keep strong, treat yourself to something that wont make you feel crap tommorow. x
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Congratulations Cranberry and Spuddleduck! I'm right behind you on day 3 af, and I am actually feeling really good today. Wishing you both a happy day af!

Comment

Working...
      X