drink shrink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drink shrink

today i went to drink shrink (al advisor) for first time. was terrified of going. she came out and ...O MY GOD ..I KNOW HER. our faces were a picture and i burst into tears. i dont know her well but she is in a wide group of middle aged folk who i have been to festivals with and pub outings. she said i could see someone else instead of i wasnt comfortable but i stayed with her. turned out fine and she was a good help.i told her about mwo and she knows it and agrees its a fantastic place. anyway im really pleased. this is day 5 af (record for me in recent years} and i didnt celebrate with a drink (why would i want to poison myself and feel rubbish). instead i treated myself to some nice smellies for bath. thanks and thanks again to everyone for being here x
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

drink shrink

Good for you, I had a feeling things would turn out good today

Stick with us & Quack all you like!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

drink shrink

Spuddle - Im so glad it went well for you :l

I had a similar moment at an AA meeting when I walked in and a client of mine was chairing the meeting.... I just wanted to die but he was amazing and stayed behind at the end to ask me if i was getting enough support.

What is beautiful about this journey is discovering how many really good people are out there who want to help...

Enjoy that soak it the bath
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

drink shrink

Good, spuddle!! I'm so glad it turned out well. A treat for the bath is a great idea! Well done!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

drink shrink

I'm really happy to read that it turned out so well! For me, some of my very best growth in sobriety has come from some of the most uncomfortable (initially) moments. Good for you too learning how to "treat" yourself with something nice instead of something toxic. Enjoy that bath!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

drink shrink

Hi Spuddleduck,
            Congrats on your 5 days :goodjob: - nice way to treat yourself!!!
            That's great that she was able to help you - will you see her on an on-going basis?
            Glad to hear that got something out of it.
            Strength and love to you.:l
            Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

drink shrink

overittoday;812247 wrote: Hi Spuddleduck,
              Congrats on your 5 days :goodjob: - nice way to treat yourself!!!
              That's great that she was able to help you - will you see her on an on-going basis?
              Glad to hear that got something out of it.
              Strength and love to you.:l
              thanks.im feeling good about this. i will be seeing her again in 2 weeks. who knows where i will be with al but im so glad that all the good peeps on mwo are here
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

drink shrink

Hi S great news all went well, sending you a little wave across the bay :yougo:
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

drink shrink

good for u duck,everyone has to start somewhere.dont let anyone kid u,this is not a silent illness gyco

Comment

Working...
                  X