MY NEW FAMILY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY NEW FAMILY

no disrespect to my family and friends. i feel a have a new family here. i love coming here and hearing about peoples triumphs and little slips. starting to feel human and very much NOT ALONE. we are all helping each other. just wish everyone who feels like us could find this place. LOVING NOT FEELING SO CRAP XX
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

MY NEW FAMILY

Spuddle - Im following you around today have you noticed :H

I completely agree with you, here is the only place I can bare all, tell of my past shameful behaviour and know, not only will I not be judged, but people really understand what I've been through.

To the outside world Im just the party girl who has gone a bit reclusive. I cant believe how much I worried about what they would all think about me giving up AL?! Now my friends have accepted it thinking im on some health kick and the party people have stopped calling....

If I need a chat I can come here and its such a relief to be able to drop the pretense and be me
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Have to agree this is a great place, great community, great family.Woundent be were i am alcohol wise without it.Delighted yous like it and hopefully soon you will get your way out.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Now I'm following,mario
        Here is the one place I cannot lie ( apart when I say that I'm blonde and 5'9")
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

My God Mario - where on earth did you find that pictire??? :H:H:H

Spuddleduck, this truly is one big & friendly family!!
          Couldn't have done it on my own
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Mario..that is hysterical!!!!
            Silly man!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

its in the family album

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

mario;812679 wrote: its in the family album
                Well, I have posted many times about how proud I am to be of Irish ancestry (like Mario) and still am, but now I see that Mario's looking more like my in-laws (Greek, swarthy skin, BIG moustaches)!!:H:H

And Spuddle - this really is like one big family, but even better. Only here you can bare your soul and talk to folk who know exactly what you mean and will not judge you. Or criticize you if you stumble...
                Stirly
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Spuddle - I agree 1000%. It feels wonderful to come here and be with 'family' that understand and will continue to be supportive thru thick and thin. :h:h
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Stirly don't be ridiculous! Greek my eye, we all look like that in Ireland!!! Haven't been posting for a while was feeling really blue so thought this was a nice pleasant little thread to come in on. Spuddle you're so right this is like another family except no secrets, Mario, I agree, without this place I couldn't do this. Chillgirl, yeah the party friends soon disappear don't they? Unfortunately my 'real' friends have disappeared also, I suppose I have become boring, but at least I'm sober! 50 days today :yay:
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

well done moolyka, 50 days is brill. keep sharing your feelings & thoughts it does help.

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Spuddleduck I have the adoption papers ready to send to you :H:H I love being here to its like having a life line thrown to us. On 3AF evening and feeling good!!:groupluv:
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Mario,

I spent one week in your beautiful country in June 2003!
                          I didn't see a single person there that looked anything like you

Molly, CONGRATS on your 50 AF days!!! Be proud!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

mollyka;812731 wrote: Stirly don't be ridiculous! Greek my eye, we all look like that in Ireland!!! Haven't been posting for a while was feeling really blue so thought this was a nice pleasant little thread to come in on. Spuddle you're so right this is like another family except no secrets, Mario, I agree, without this place I couldn't do this. Chillgirl, yeah the party friends soon disappear don't they? Unfortunately my 'real' friends have disappeared also, I suppose I have become boring, but at least I'm sober! 50 days today :yay:
                            :goodjob: on 50 days MollyKa. Sure it's better to be sober and boring than drunk and foolish. And as for "real" friends, I have found that they are few and far between. In fact the word "friend" is one that I use very seldom. For me a "friend" is one who loves me for who I am and not for what they think they get by being my "friend". A friend will support you in having the right to believe what you believe, even if they don't happen to see things exactly as you do - and even when they disagree with what you say. A friend will never betray a confidence when you have asked him/her to keep it that way - not even to his/her partner. A friend will not talk about you behind your back - if they have something to say to you, it will be to your face. A friend will not hesitate to state their concern for something you are doing that could be harmful to your well being. They will ask out of love. A friend will celebrate with you your achievements. They won't envy you the promotion you received or the new sports car you bought. They will be happy for you. A friend is there when you need them, whatever time of night or day, for whatever reason. You don't have to call him/her in the middle of the night because you had a fight with your spouse - just knowing that you can is the comfort of having a friend. So we will have acquaintances and members of our "social circle" but friends will be few because it takes a very special person to be a true friend. And if one of those friends happens to be a member of our family, then we are doubly blessed.
                            Sorry to have gone on and on about the word friend in a thread entitled "My New Family". Just wanted to have my say.

So, Spuddle, to continue about your post - MWO IS like a big family but frankly I think it is more than that. Our family does not always accept us for who we are and often has expectations that we may not be able to live up to (and often feel guilty about - don't get me started on that - I'd fill a whole forum on it) so as was earlier stated, here you can bare your soul and write about who you really are and what you really feel and no one will judge you for it. You will be accepted for who you are, with all your attributes and your failings as well. As you have already seen in your short time here, you will find unending support.
                            Best of luck to all on the journey towards a healthier life...
                            Stirly...
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Mario, I am 1/4 Irish. Is THAT what I'm going to look like if (BIG if) I ever become older than 29??????? :egad:

Congrats Mollyka on 50 days AF!! That is FABULOUS!!! :goodjob:

And my dear Lav, congratson 11 months AF!! :yougo: I realized as I was on route to a meeting this morning that I completely forgot to mention that when starting the Daily AF thread!!

Glad to be part of the Greek Looking Irish family here too!

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X