MY NEW FAMILY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY NEW FAMILY

This is a great family! And it's true, we can come here and share all of our horrid, AL secrets cause chances are, we aren't alone. It is so nice to be able to come here and post and not feel judged, but instead supported in our quest for sobriety.

Love you all!
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

I agree Spuddleduck - the support we all find here makes such a difference, whether it's our first day or we've been here awhile! I'm glad you found us, and I am glad I found this place when I needed it. :h
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

chillgirl.. i think we have similar thinking going on. this partygirl in recluse too. must be the northern uk in us coming out

dancelot.. whoops.. i thought your post pic was a big mountain gorrila type thing..just realised its a big cat kinda thing... think i need new specs... or maybe my sober eyes can see things better.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Well you do know that Newcastle was the 6th biggest party city in the world 'til last June.
          Then I stopped drinking and it's gone down the table a bit.
          J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

LOL JC bringing your City into disrepute!
            I am also bringing shame to Glasgow - "what you dont drink?! You canny be fae Glasgae"

Maybe we can start a new Northern trend.....
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

I've been to Glasgow once for a big night out. They make the Geordies look like light weights.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

mollyka;812731 wrote: Stirly don't be ridiculous! Greek my eye, we all look like that in Ireland!!! Haven't been posting for a while was feeling really blue so thought this was a nice pleasant little thread to come in on. Spuddle you're so right this is like another family except no secrets, Mario, I agree, without this place I couldn't do this. Chillgirl, yeah the party friends soon disappear don't they? Unfortunately my 'real' friends have disappeared also, I suppose I have become boring, but at least I'm sober! 50 days today :yay:
                worried about being boring.. my partner (bless him) said there is nothing more boring than me pissed.. passing out.. repeating myself... being incoherent and just generally a pain in the ass. hmm thinking about that i cant disagree. I THINK THE PARTY WAS ALL IN MY HEAD.. LA LA LA
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

spuddleduck;812851 wrote: worried about being boring.. my partner (bless him) said there is nothing more boring than me pissed.. passing out.. repeating myself... being incoherent and just generally a pain in the ass. hmm thinking about that i cant disagree. I THINK THE PARTY WAS ALL IN MY HEAD.. LA LA LA
                  :H:H:H

Especially in the last few years of my drinking, my husband used to tell me I was becoming a "mean / mad drunk." I would be like...HUH??? Then I would say things like - well, if YOU would just stop pissing me off, I would be happy! (because of course I took NO responsibility for my own behavior and EVERYTHING was somebody else's fault....)

Funny - now that I don't drink any more, we NEVER have loud upsetting arguments, and we rarely even disagree. And we laugh. A lot.

I think the party was all in my head too! :lalala:

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

I really love this place! I'm spending most of my time here because I truly feel accepted, understood and cared about. The first time I drank, I felt so much like a hypocrita and felt ashamed to come back but everyone has been so encouraging and forgiving. Even last night when I slipped again, I felt so discouraged and defeated, but I am realizing that no one here judges you and that we are all part of a special family that I've felt and seen so much unconditional love, something I've never seen much of! I'm greatful to have found this place!
                    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Hi Guys - Yes the party was definately in my head too! I can vaguely remember saying some completely random things and getting very strange looks, and how annoying when my boyfriend used to ask me "so you dont remember what you said to me last night?" in a haughty voice which obviously meant i'd offended him, then proceeded not to tell me.... Yea some party!
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

This has certainly become my second home, I can talk to you guys about things i would rather not, yet to my first family, Nora c, is that a softcoated wheaten terrier in your pic, we have one here she;s lovely and very old now,

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Lovely Thread! I have revealed a couple of drinking incidents only to hear people say "I did that too."

I am not alone any more.

Just need to add that I am 5'7" and blonde - although the blonde now is courtesy of L'Oreal.

And, I'm a Southern Softy - from London. But I'm married to a Northerner (Yorkshireman), so I hope you'll let me in. We tell people we have a "mixed race" marriage.

My son claims to be bi-lingual as he speaks Northern AND southern!

xxx

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Hey Spam! I think im your long lost twin from Scotland.... Im 5'7.5" blonde (courtesy of L'Oreal) because we're worth it!

Oh and yes "I did that too!"
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

chillgirl;813110 wrote: Hey Spam! I think im your long lost twin from Scotland.... Im 5'7.5" blonde (courtesy of L'Oreal) because we're worth it!

Oh and yes "I did that too!"
                              From Scotland?? Maybe you know my best friend.

She lives in Oban and has red hair!

:H

Comment

MY NEW FAMILY

Good Morning Everybody
                                Tummy better so now I have to do houseowrk....ugh...but at least i have a clear head!!!!
                                I am hoping to get a job offer next week so I can change enviroments (huge trigger for me)....so everybody send positive thoughts for me too!!!!

By the way.....Miss Clairol dirty blonde is my friend!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X