Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Morning Odaters!

Bit of a late start to the thread today as it has been a busy morning here. The presentation went well yesterday however I am still feeling sick - BF is sick too and he never gets sick!!!

Oh well, at the office this morning trying to get some things done, hopefully I can head home to my cozy bed this afternoon.

Day 20 here. Feeling strong for this weekend.

How are you guys doing? Remeber, ODAT - we can get through this weekend together!

Love and hugs and strength to all.

Uni
    :l:l:l
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

ODAT - Friday

Trying to stay strong for the weekend...today is my start of the 10th day....still have incredible strong urges for a cocktail...vodka preferably!!! I really miss it...but know I gotta do this. Other than nights..especially if home alone..weekends are the tuffest.
    Good to hear your feeling strong...well know you wont be alone, I'll be trudging thru this too!!
    each minute, by minute, into hour after hour just to get thru a day at a time....gets exhausting.
    :thanks::new::h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

I'm in too, tricky at the moment lot's going on both good and bad but all I would usually self medicate with drink, not looking forward to tonight, but will be strong xx love and hug's Twitch,

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hey Sisley

........ I agree it can be exhausting to watch the clock as if you were on death row. Each tick of the clock is bringing you closer to where you don't want to be, having a drink. They say breaking things down into more manageable sizes makes them seem less daunting and more doable. Perhaps in this case it would prove best to do the opposite. Rather than looking at the weekend as 2880 minutes see it as two days and then you only have to think about it twice. Saturday don't drink today. Sunday don't drink today. Less exhausting.
        ~ Keep busy~distract yourself~ have some fun~ eat well~ exercise and live well. Be kind to yourself and let ODAT sustain you.
        Congrats on 10 I am on 11 today and right there with you, hope we both stay strong. I am going to meditate on where I want to be which is AF.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good job guys on your AF days! Today is just another day - we can do this - I have my tea, and my cozies and intend to cuddle up on the couch and watch the hockey game!
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good late morning ODATers,

Uni hope you feel better soon.

Hypernova, I love your fresh insights!

You can do this Sisley and Twitch!

I am facing a housewife day instead of an at-the-office day. It increases the triggers and the challenges. But success felt so great yesterday I'm ready to ride that wave.
            Drinking has been my hobby for several years now. It's time to get a new hobby

Comment

ODAT - Friday

All--sorry to be so naive--does ODAT stand for one day at a time?

Thanks!
              :h getting better every day

Comment

Working...
              X