need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help

Hello, i just started out with this, i've been sober for almost a year, but dealing with my DUI from a year ago. They want me to go on antabuse, I have psorisis, and want to get pregnant, anything I can do?

need a little help

Hiya M and welcome to MWO.
    Why would you go on antabuse if you have been sober for a year? Is it because the courts are insisting on it?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

need a little help

antabuse

yes, it's court ordered.

Comment

need a little help

mP12345678mP;812619 wrote: yes, it's court ordered.
        Hi and :welcome: to MWO.
        I'm sorry but I am a little taken aback by your post. I admittedly don't know much about court rulings and DUI cases but is it really legal for a court to order you to take a Antabuse after you being sober for almost a year? If it is not intruding into your privacy, might I ask where you live? I'm from Canada.
        And congratulations on being sober. Many folk, even after DUI's and goodness knows what else would not have the determination and willpower to accomplish that.
        Stirly
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

need a little help

Do you have a lawyer that can speak for you and state your case?
          And yes, your years sobriety is fantastic, good work.

Comment

need a little help

I feel this is an infringement on your human rights to be perfectly honest. It's certainly how I would feel anyway. What medical grounds do they have for insisting you take Antabuse? Cannot the courts make a decision on the basis you have been sober for the past year? Christ, I got my access back with my daughter on grounds that I didn't consume alcohol 24 hours prior to seeing her. The courts are asking you to take medication that could possibly have harmful side effects simply in order to get your license back? Look into this further mP and maybe contact a good solicitor. This is criminal (and I don't mean you!). You have rights so don't take this lying down.

Love and Light
            Phil
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

need a little help

antabuse

I've just heard that trying to have a baby and taking antabuse don't mix, plus I have psoriasis and finding a lotion is close to impossible.

Comment

need a little help

In my honest opinion if you have medical grounds not to take Antabuse i.e. recommendations from your GP showing your medical history the courts surely cannot force this upon you. You wouldn't knowingly harm yourself so why the hell are the courts insisting you do? See a solicitor ASAP.

xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

need a little help

antabuse

the courts ordered me to do this, i do have a lawyer, do you think she can change this? my only problem with that is, if i refuse to take antabuse they will make me brethalize everyday, and i lost my license a while ago, so i can't physically get there every day.

Comment

need a little help

soliciter

what's a soliciter?

Comment

need a little help

mP12345678mP;812643 wrote: what's a soliciter?
                      Same as a lawyer.
                      If it interferes with your medication for your psoriasis I wouldnt imagine they could enforce it. Like Hippie says, talk to your lawyer.

Comment

need a little help

mP12345678mP;812643 wrote: what's a soliciter?
                        A lawyer. Soliciter is the word they use in the UK if I'm not mistaken. This from an on-line dictionary

(in England and Wales) a member of that branch of the legal profession whose services consist of advising clients, representingthem before the lower courts, and preparing cases for barristers to try in the higher courts.Compare barrister

Again and sorry for asking, where do you live - in the US? I have to agree with Hippy that it sounds like an infringement on your human rights. That's why I asked where you live. As I said, I'm from Canada and I have never heard of a court being able to force you to take some kind of medication and especially after your being sober so long it doesn't make sense...just saying......
                        Stirly
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                        X