Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all

Glad to be with others who perhaps will see me as who I am. Anyway a short, well sort of, story of what I am all about. Always been a heavy drinker for many years, have read of others who have self medicated with the drink to deal with life and that,s what i know realise I did. Suffered with clinical depression, indeed it seems to run in the family can see the traits in them and two have been diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Anyway, eventually the drinking lead to my divorce, there was no violence, just anger, and then the trust was lost, can,t blame them really, must have been a right b,stard to live with. Found myself a flat ,lost conact with my children and then it all kicked in, the drink really took hold and I went on a crusade to destroy myself. Literally pickled most of the time, needed a drink in the morning to be able to face the day and rid the shakes. All came to a head in September,08. The ex wife was passing the flat about midnite and I was spark out on the pavement, she put me to bed but I woke sometime and must have tried to gone out for a smoke but fell and hit my head on some concrete stairs in the block. Luckily the chap ubove me goes to work at 5 in the morn and found me, blood everywhere. Was rushed to hospital and after the usual prelims they did not give me much hope, but one doctor spoke up and got me up to Stoke, apparantly the place to go for brain injuries, the family was assembled and warned that IF I survived I could possibly be a vegtable and asked my daughter if she would permit my resussitation should the need arise. anyway after 3 months intensive care finally home and was as high as a kite. Developed Epillepsy the following February. The high continued thru 2009 but relapsed a number of times, the biggest just after Christmas which resulted being back in hospital. Anyway thanks for listening-or reading and all the best to you all.:thanks:
Working...
X