Maybe I can get this right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! I'm new here. Tried to post before but I messed something up! I've been reading various posts on and off for months and have deceided to give this a try. I was nervous --I tried a different website on the same subject(due to my lack of computer skills)ended up being accused of being a lurker! Needless to say I didn't bother again for a few more years. This community is entirely different!!! Great people!!! I've been dringing daily for about 15yrs. Anywhere from 8-15 beers. Generally 12 is the magic # sad but true. My relationships in my life are great, husband kids etc. I used to feel guilty about my drinking then I'd drink more. Once I was ok with being alcholic it lessened some. At this poiint I'm very bored with my habitual cycle--work, drink,pass out, and do it all over again. Problem is I love that buzz but I can't just stop there. It's also becoming alot of work hidding it from clients---I deal with them one one one in close quaters so the need for eye drops,gum,mints,body spray,etc. is extremely important. It's not that I'm a day drinker but it doesn't matter when you comsume that much alchol a shower and brushing your teeth just doesn't cut it---Oh I forgot to add I smoke to which I try to cover as it's offensive to clients. I don't have any embarrassing moments in public only because I never drink in public---less someone would find out small town situation. so it's left me isolated in some ways due to my inability to control it! I've ordered the book and supps and truly am going to work at this. Already I feel better knowing there are people like me! Sorry about the novel. Thanks so much for listening You've all helped me achristylready more than you know:h ----Christy

Welcome to the club Christy. We are glad you found us!!!! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Welcome Christy

I think that is why there are so many women here is because we try SO hard to hide it. It is shameful more so than I think for men, although I dont think any of us are proud of it. I'm glad you found us here and I know the excitement to get started. I've been here for seven months and it has changed my life. Not perfect yet... but can manage it wheras I couldnt before. Its a great program and the friends I have made here has been an added benefit. Never thought that would happen! Now we plan trips together... LOL!

Okay, I'll calm down. Welcome and I hope you find this website and program to be as wonderful as I have.

Allie
      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Christy,

I haven't started the program yet but I did quit smoking over 4 months ago. I had struggled with smoking for 20 years and read a book called the easy way to quit smoking. It was very inexpensive and worked for me.
        Kris T.:l

Comment

Working...
        X