Feeling nauseated...wondering why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on day 5 AF and I feel pretty good...EXCEPT for some mild nausea that comes and goes all day.

I have made many changes in the past week or so, #1 going alcohol free...I'm thinking anyone of these might be causing my nausea:

--in addition to the supplements I was already taking (Multi-vitamin, Super B complex, calcium/magesium), I added L-glutamine capsules. I take 1500 mg 2x a day on an empty stomach as directed on label. These have helped my alcohol cravings tremendlously!
    I am still smoking cigarettes, and they are tasting bad. They are also making me feel shakier than before. I wonder if this is the l-glutamine? I want to be able to quit totally soon.

I am weaning myself off caffiene and replacing it with tons of water.

--I have greatly reduced my sugar intake. (Not that I was a big sugar addict before, I was just going by advice read here and in other books that a low-sugar diet is extremely helpful).

--I have problems with insomnia. I was taking Seroquel, but told my doc I wanted to switch due to the expense. Plus, it is known to cause blood sugar problems. So he put me on Trazadone...I take it at night with a snack as directed. I sleep fine...but I start feeling nauseated on and off throughout the next day.

I am thinking the Trazadone is causing the nausea, as it is listed as a possible side effect. The directions say take with food to avoid nausea, and I'm am doing that. I am also taking a relatively small dose (25mg).

I know you probably can't give me professional medical advice, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with Trazadone, or if anyone experienced nausea in general within the first few days of being AF. Like I said, I otherwise feel fine...much more relaxed and happy.

thanks
    fragileflower

hi fragile flower Most people but not all, who quit drinking or cut down drinking after a long period of heavy or binge drinking will experience withdrawal symptoms of some description. These withdrawals can range from the relatively mild, for example feeling slightly anxious, to the severe, for example delirium tremens and convulsions. The severity of the withdrawals are usually depend on the level of dependence the drinker was exhibiting prior to stopping drinking.

Withdrawal symptoms may have for some time been the driving force in you continuing to drink. For example you may have been drinking in the morning or at least early in the day to get rid of the shakes and/or feelings of anxiety. So there is a danger that if you again experience these withdrawals then you will again start drinking. If on the assessment before you joined this website your scores showed you to be a moderate to high dependent drinker and the withdrawals are severe, then as suggested before, you should seek help to cope with the withdrawal symptoms and then return to use the website to help with your recovery. Severe withdrawal symptoms and CTs are a medical emergency and require medication to reduce the effects of withdrawals.

The types of withdrawal symptoms that one might expect to see are as follows

Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:

* Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
    * Feeling of shakiness
    * Anxiety
    * Irritability or easily excited
    * Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
    * Depression
    * Fatigue
    * Difficulty with thinking clearly
    * Bad dreams

Mild to moderate physical symptoms:

* Headache - general, pulsating
    * Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
    * Nausea
    * Vomiting
    * Loss of appetite
    * Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
    * Paleness
    * Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
    * Eyes, pupils dilated
    dont know much about medication,but someone will drop by soon to help with that, hope above helps. Dont quit quitting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Fragile--you are making so many changes it's hard to say what is causing your stomach upset. All I can say is all the changes are positive and healthy ones, so I would think the upset will soon go away. Keep after it. Claps!
      :h getting better every day

Comment

Working...
      X