Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting drinking..Is like going on a diet

Hello friends,

I was posting on ODAT, and this just occured to me on how quitting drinking is very similar to going on a diet (for me at least)

When you have a few pounds to lose (like me, alot LOL). It starts with just being kind of unhappy with the way you look, or feel, ect. You think about how nice you want to look in that swimsuit or sexy dress. The extra fat is just not making you happy.

So you decide to go on a diet. At first you think about it, and probably dread it! But you get to a point where you decide the benefits will be so worth it.

As hard as it might be, you eventually get into the routinue of eating healthier and maybe exercising. You get through that one damn day of really sticking on your diet and you feel really good that you did not cheat on it.

After a few days, you are really liking the eating healthy, and maybe feel better and more confident. Then as more time passes, you get on the scales and WHOA, you have dropped two pounds Yahoo!!!

Suddenly you realize that your hard work is starting to reap the benefits and you get excited. Maybe that sexy swimsuit really is in my future this year! You want to keep going and going...

Thats exactly how I feel with my sobriety right now. I just want to keep going and going, and reaping all the benefits that I know it will bring.
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Quitting drinking..Is like going on a diet

Totally agree

And when you go on a diet-- of course the one thing you should not have you want (just like the booze!)! It almost becomes a compulsion to want the bad thing. I am with you!~

Comment

Working...
    X