One week sober, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah - in the last 10 years or so only drank wine & beer - no hard liquor - during the week drank at night - weekends all day long. On vacation - all the time.

Comment

Hi Keyners,
      Congratulations on your one week :goodjob:- to me week one was easiest week - i say this because the bad AL experiences were still fresh and my thoughts were "I'm going to beat this no matter what" i wasnt thinking about how bored i was i was too busy trying to detox my body and keep up with life in general ie work, house stuff etc i found that the missing AL at night time hit me at around week 2 or 3 that was when i had a bit of confidence under my belt and i thought exactly the same thing soooo "NOW WHAT"? what i have come to realise is that it is becoming a way of life (i am nearly 40 days af) and i am learning each day how to not cope but how to adjust to my new lifestyle. With that learning comes ups and downs you will discover your own on your journey. Some days will be hard but remember if you are anything like me you self medicated all your feelings away at night so now your feelings are raw. You also get use to that, don't forget this is the way we are suppose to be sober at night time. Be patient with yourself make you plan of how the get over the tough evenings and as days pass you will learn what you need to do to change you lifestyle. Think back to when you started drinking I'm sure it was as progressive as stopping drinking.
      Hang in there if you really want to change your lifestyle it will happen.
      Stregth to you in finding your real self.:l
      Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

I'm ten days out. I just trying to keep busy doing stuff around the house. The good think is I have kids to keep me busy the first few hours of the evening. At least now I can actually pay attention to them.
        Per my Dad who dried out 29 years ago he just sat for a year. It is not like that for everyone. Guess the best thing is to find something that helps to clear your head. Going for walks, reading, renting movies, working out, cleaning, art, you get the idea.

Comment

Funny
          who is gonna play you in the movie???
          Angelina Jolie????
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

MB - Now, that would be just fab if Angie would do it - maybe Brad could play one of my many loser boyfriends . . . . . ;-)

Comment

You know, I did meet her dad, John Voight & I have a picture of me with him to prove it . . . . .of course he was out of his mind at the time, as was I, but that's another story. It was at a celebrity auction for the homeless . .. . .

Comment

Working...
              X