It's Day 1 for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Day 1 for me

Went 16 days AF in January & am now going for 30 starting today. I'm at the point where I don't have a choice to make a change, I just know I have to. Will keep you posted.

It's Day 1 for me

Go for it Gold routing for you, I'm also going for 30AF days :l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Hi there FG and Panno, you can both do it. I am on day 29 today! My goal has been 30 just like you two. For me the first week, and the first couple of weekends were the worst, and it has got a lot better - so one day at a time. Remember, like Mario taught me, the urges come like waves - you can expect them, surf them, and they will pass. Also, like Doggygirl taught me, don't let your mind fool you with how beautiful and awesome drinking nights are, "play the whole move", what happens later, tomorrow, after, all the bad stuff - this concept will help with the mind tricks.

You can do it,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Thanks for the support Hillsidetime, will try the tips :thanks:
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

goodmorning

FoolsGold;818235 wrote: Went 16 days AF in January & am now going for 30 starting today. I'm at the point where I don't have a choice to make a change, I just know I have to. Will keep you posted.
          congrats on the 16,30 is good,work at one at day the time,yesterday is gone and tomorrow is nt here,as far as choice,u always have that option,a lot of people feel it is are option to drink the way we do,a lot of them seen the abuse by family,lets face it,to me it was normal,not that i was abused,my storyy is nothing compared to some,abuse is a buse no matter how much you have,when you start needing it,youve lost control,youve related that thought,i do wish you well gold,gyco:goodjob::thanks:

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Wishing you the best FoolsGold
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Best Wishes FG and Panno as you begin your journey. You can do it!!! One Day at a Time!!
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

You can do it FoolsGold!

Lots of success stores to be found here, from people JUST LIKE YOU.

Join us on the ODAT thread. One Day At Time. If you just through each day, one day, pretty soon you'll see your time building up.
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Gold,
                  I am after 30 day af too! Let's do it together.

Keep in touch! We can beat this hairy beast!

Love to you!
                  :l
                  :h getting better every day

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Thanks for everyone's support. Now heading into day 2. Know this is going to be difficult but really want this more than slipping back. Thanks

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

good luck today foolsgold,one hour at a time, goodluck keep posting here your progress

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Great! keep building up those days and before you know it you will reach 30 days. I am on 38 now and have had the waves Hillsidetime talks about (quiet a few actually) but stayed focussed when these times arise. Know that every wave you ride you become more experienced. Learn to be patient with yourself and know giving into the AL will not make it easier what will is living through them. i always repeat to myself what doesnt kill me will only make me strong - seems to work for me
                        Treat yourself, acknowledge your achievements day by day and always remind yourself it will get better and better with each day.

Congratulations Hillsidetime:goodjob:

All the best on your journey:l
                        Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Again thanks to everyone for the support. Had a terrible nights' sleep last night so hoping for better tonight. I'm just trying to get through the hours and we'll let the days look after themselves. All the best

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Congratulations on day 2! I am RIGHT behind you.... we can do this! As far as not being able to sleep...have you ever tried a "guided meditation" for sleep? I downloaded a few from Amazon (99 cents each!) and I CANNOT even get through the whole thing without falling into a deep sleep. Just something to maybe consider.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

It's Day 1 for me

Hey FoolsGold - from one FG to another - good luck. I'm on day 16 right now. What made you fall in January? Anything in particular? I've felt very good, but have been worried that maybe I'm feeling tooo good & need to be vigilant right now that there may be danger of falling. I have also been very hopeful too though, since I"ve never done this well. I like the wave theory . . . I'll be using that myself.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll make 30.

Comment

Working...
                              X