Stone Cold Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stone Cold Sober

On Day 10 and so far - well - I have not had a drink. Every day I find reasons to drink and every day I remind myself that those reasons are why I should not drink. Does that make sense?

Stupid memory of the day - waking up in the morning and wondering if I posted something stupid on Facebook and who did I send emails to? Frantically back tracking because I can't remember anything from the night before!!!

Stone Cold Sober

:goodjob: Congratulations! I'm with you about thinking of reasons to drink & then not to drink.
    It's also great not to wonder about what I did the night before. Been there....done that.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Farm Girl that makes perfect sense. Drinking doesn't solve anything, or fix the problems we drink about. You are doing great. Good attitude. Keep plugging away.

Winefree
      5/2/09

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Well done FarmGirl!! Every day AF is something to be proud of.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to check my FB account to see if I drunk posted!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

FG You should be thrilled with yourself - congrats!

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Congratulations Farm Girl,:goodjob:
            I use to drink for all reasons so now i have to unteach myself not to drink for those reasons! ...oh look the flower has bloomed lets have a drink, the next door neighbours dog died lets have a drink, its Wednesday lets have a drink, my boss really pissed me off today..i know ill go home and drink, its raining good reason to have a drink... and it goes on and on... ! Oh boy the way we justify our drinking.
            Your doing great keep going it gets better.:l
            Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Well done farmgirl,keep to your goals,,its well worth remembering your past,just make sure you dont live in it.well done again.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Well done Farmgirl, every day from now on should get easier and easier, those first days are the hardest, the biggest danger now is complacency!!
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Hi FarmGirl!!

You sound very much in the same boat as Me! I am at 2 weeks AF (longest EVER in my lifetime), and the reason to pick up a drink gets LESS and LESS each day!

Im happy you are doing it, and I am finding that as more and more time passes, my firm resolve NOT to drink, just seems to get stronger and stronger! Yahoo, I am loving it!

Keep going girl! YES it truly, really IS... WORTH IT!

Overit
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

You are doing great Farm Girl - keep it up - each day will get easier. I was much like you, if the sun was shining it was a reason to celebrate with a drink. I know all of us on MWO are sending supportive and positive vibes to you.

Hey, DeeBee, where did you get that picture of me??? That is me sober think what I looked like when I was drinking.

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Good Morning! Day 6 for me... Sounds like everyone is doing a fantastic job - let's keep going and going and going (oh wait - that's the Energizer Bunny), but you all know what I mean!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Coco
                      Coco

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Congratulations on your 10 AF days Farm Girl!
                        Waking up clear headed with no guilt or remorse really rocks!!!!

Congrats to you too Coco-nut on your 6 AF days!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Yes, I do remember far too well all of the back tracking I've done around AL.

Congrats on your days AF! :goodjob:

AD

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

too funny....you guys are inside MY head.......we are all so much alike
                            how about...I am goiing to quit, so I need to get plowed one last time.....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Stone Cold Sober

Oh the excuses we can make for why we need a drink! I did that last night and now I am back at day one......how many times can I be back at day one? I am proud of everyone for doing so well.....hopefully I can get there soon!
                              AF Since Sept. 20, 2010!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X