Hi, (again)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, (again)...

Hi, some of you may remember me, I joined a long time ago, and had a very varied journey in which I attempted to become AF, with various degrees of success, or failure(more of the latter)
    I have not been an active member for a fairly long time, mainly because alcohol has again got the better of me, with my drinking becoming the worse it has ever been.
    I have begun a course of hypnotherapy, with a lovely therapist, 2nd session this week. I am hopeful that this will help me. I have all the MWO cd's plus others I have purchased at various times. I have kudzo and glucosamine for cravings, plus liver care tablets.
    I am aware my diet needs to change, I am aware my habits need to change.
    I am in pain around my liver area and this scares me, altho does not stop me drinking(!)
    I am 45 and have been a heavy drinker for many years.
    I am absolutely terrified of the damage I may have done myself, my eyes are constantly bloodshot, embarrasingly so.
    However I feel I cannot go to my Dr as my employer has the right to see my med record and this would be detrimental to my employment prospects.(Odd that the cure is seen as more negative than the cause)
    Sorry for long post, I am just trying to get my thoughts in order really. I cannot begin to tell you how much I long to get off this treadmill for once and for all...as long as I can start tomorrow...and therin lies my problem.
    Will hypno help with this, or do I really not want to do it enough? How do I get my mind in to the right set?
    Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read this.
    Pip. xx
    Pipsqueak

Hi, (again)...

Hi pipsqueak,

Well done for coming back. I had a double session of hypnotherapy and found it helped a bit but I was also determined to throw everything I possibly could at getting better, so it was just one of many things I tried.

On the GP thing - your employer has absolutely no right to see your medical records. They would be breaking the law to ask, and your doctor would be breaking the law to reveal them. Your employer can ask your GP for official confirmation of a diagnosis if you've been off sick for a long time (say, with a bad back or stress), and they can request that you see a company doctor for a medical, but they are not, repeat not! allowed to see your records.
    Maybe your doctor wouldn't be able to help anyway, but you shouldn't be scared of seeing him/her.

I went to see my doc and was very embarrassed and cried all over him, but I was at the end of my tether and needed to get help however embarrassing I found it.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi, (again)...

Hi Marshy,
      Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my job, my employers do have the right to see my records especially if I change position. They can request to see them, and I can refuse to give permission, they will then not employ me.
      I have wondered if my Dr could put stress or something similar, but feel they would not be allowed to do this.
      Pip x
      Pipsqueak

Comment

Hi, (again)...

Hi pipsqueak,

Welcome back, you already know this is a good place!

I agree with Marshy, you should see your GP regarding your abdominal pain, you really don't know for sure what's causing it & perhaps you can get something to help you while you detox. The sooner you stop drinking the sooner you will begin to feel better.
        I like the idea of hypnotherapy, if it works for you then great!!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, (again)...

So you've opted out of the Data Protection Act in your contract? Oh well, it's perfectly possible to get sober without your doctor's help, as many people here have. In fact, my doctor was completely useless when I finally plucked up the courage to go and see him. :H And so I have my drink problem on my records for life for no reason. Hey ho. Doesn't make any difference to me.

There are certainly lots of other ways to beat this, and I hope you find what works for you!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi, (again)...

hi pipsqueak, welcome back.hope you keep posting it all helps.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi, (again)...

Hi Pipsqueak, sometimes we have to make hard decisions, could you not take the chance and go to GP, surely your employer will only look at your records if they think its necessary because you are ill and off sick? or do they look at it when promoting? Sometimes people lose their jobs if they carry on drinking!! Hope all goes well, keep strong and I'm sure you will make the right decision to suit you :l
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi, (again)...

Hea pip!! I am back from a long lay off!! Just gettin goin weening to be safe and lookin to hit my af date! Lots of new faces here but still the care and compassion as always!! My last stint I did with the supps and this site, I have gone to a nutrtionist before and that was helpful, however this site, the supps and good old fashioned will power seemed to do the trick (the first time)! It sounds like you have a great start and I wish you the best. Bottom line do this for you and keep in mind you dont get control of this there will be know job to worry about? GL PIP DONT DRINK!!!!

Comment

Hi, (again)...

Pipsqueak-hang in there - coming back and trying again is what matters. It happened to me - I went AF for 7 years! One glass of wine and wham - 5 years later drinking way too much and out of control. I am so glad for the support here and you will be too.

Comment

Working...
                  X