Liver Function Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver Function Test

Phew ..... went to docs today for test results and they were concerned about my cholestoral level - its 6.3 - so can be lowered by lifestyle change. As for the liver test results they were never mentioned and to be honest I did not have the courage to ask I just guessed if they were a problem they would have mentioned them. I am going to take this as 3rd time lucky and not abuse/ignore these signs as I have done previously I am thinking I am on lucky buggar and its time to look after myself. The body is a wonderful thing and I believe its talking to me saying 'hey you give us a break!!' Thank you all for your support this last week. Im now on 3af days and hoping to do better than last time :l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Liver Function Test

Panno,
      I am so glad to hear that nothing was mentioned about your liver. I recently had the same scare as you and felt the relief of not being told my liver was damaged. I did take that as a sign that I could keep drinking but eventually after having some signs of high blood pressure drom a blood test, I knew it was time to do something. I became AF a couple of months later by taking baclofen and when I recently had my blood test again, everything was normal. Alcohol damages more than just the liver and we can keep ourselves healthier by getting away from it. If you need help staying AF let me know or anyone else know as I would hate to see you revert back to alcohol. We deserve so much better than that life of self destruction, no matter what the cravings tell us!

Comment

Liver Function Test

:imglad: Panno that every thing turned out. Start writing down your plan now, so when the devil comes knocking at your door, you are prepared. :goodjobn your 3 day AF, thats super. You will do it this time! Take care,
        runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Liver Function Test

Oh Panno my friend....thank heavens!!!!! It's amazing isn't it that our little liver have not jumoed out of our bodies and gone running down the street screaming?????
          Now there's a visual...a running, screaming liver....eeeewwwww
          and to think i LOVE liver and onions!!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Liver Function Test

:H:H:H Mama - I could just imagine our livers in a stew - it would be like leather!!!
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Liver Function Test

Liver and Onions :eeew:

Comment

Liver Function Test

we could wear our livers like shoes!!!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X