treating yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

treating yourself.

ive had a lovely day today. went out to a little village nearby with my partner and my friend. left my partner in the pub and went off to look at the little crafty type shops. im pretty skint at the moment but it was great to be able to treat myself to a few nice little things. the reason being, it was the money i wasnt spending on booze. however broke i was i would always find money for AL. .i enjoyed the day so much more AF. if i had had a drink i would have jollied up for a short while but then all i would be bothered about was when are we having our next drink WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. so AL stick that up your stinking backside.. lifes good without you (so far anyway)
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

treating yourself.

Hey spud,

Good for you!
    I had a similar day myself. Took the day off & went shopping for spring clothes with my daughter.
    We had no plans to but ended up looking at new home models - for my daughter & her husband.
    We had a lot of fun, the weather was perfect

AL would have made this day impossible!!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

treating yourself.

Hi Spud,
      Yes its definately nice to have some spare cash.. and it is WASTED when spent on booze as it just goes right through your body, causing some damage along the way!
      At least things like clothes, or toys (for my boy) last awhile.. i bought myself some new clothes last week, and treated me and my son to some nice take-out (healthy-ish..) food,
      Maybe you can put whatever you would have spent on booze in a piggy bank.. put some away each time, and then see what you have by the end of the month - you could end up being able to splash out on something really lovely! i think il do the same..
      Katie xx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

treating yourself.

Thanks for this thread Spud!

I went to a thrift store today and treated myself to this adorable emerald green vintage coat. The money I would have spent on wine these past few days paid for it. I wasn't sure about keeping it, but after this thread I will! It only cost $25 and I would have spent that on wine.

Glad you had a great day!

AD

Comment

treating yourself.

Money well spent spud!

Love and Light
          Phil
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

treating yourself.

Yes! I "treated" myself by being AF, a 45 min walk in am, leaf raking, and 30 min walk in pm.
            Glad that you girls: SD, LV, KB, and AD all treated yourselves too.
            2 day almost done, have a headache and ready to go to bed:thumbs:

Comment

treating yourself.

AD - emerald green is the color of money after all!

Comment

treating yourself.

Hi All, I just started the program on Saturday, although have been a "member" and reading here off and on for a few weeks. I am optimistic about results, particularly after reading the testimonials. I realize the success stores wind up there but why can't I be a success story too?

Anyway, I hope to be around a lot more frequently. I'll be exploring around the different forums and hopefully getting to know the folks who hang out in the various places. My DOC, like probably most of yours, is booze. Spirits. Not beer. Wine, I like it, but can leave it, but cocktails are my downfall. Have a good evening all. :-)

Comment

treating yourself.

I treated myself to a massage on Monday. Will definately be doing it again.

Spam xx

Comment

treating yourself.

For the past 6 years since splitting up from my husband my beautiful engagement ring has sat in the safe in the hope that maybe one day we would get back together again. After about 7 weeks of sobriety reality hit home that this just aint going to happen! Time to accept it, move on and get my life back together, so.... a trip to the jewellers and these gorgeous diamonds are now a stunning pendant round my neck, a treat to myself and a symbol of my new found freedom and new sober life....................
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

treating yourself.

Chillgirl,

I also have a diamond just collecting dust. Its going to my son though.

I did buy myself a nice "Mothers" ring. It has my birthstone and my sons. It was not expensive, but it means alot to me.

Whenever I get an urge to drink, I can look at my mothers ring for added support.
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

treating yourself.

Chillgirl, thats such a lovely positive thing to do!
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

treating yourself.

i think a few people have mentioned treating yourself to a little something you can wear, such as a ring or pendant that can remind you every day why you dont drink. think thats a great idea. i treated myself to a big handmade felt flower brooch thing. lovely but i dont think i can wear it all the time. think i had better get back to the shops for a little daily reminder x

Comment

treating yourself.

Well I never did spuddles,
                            I've just started to collect brooches.
                            As of 7th December I've started to treat myself to a little brooch on my month anniversary, and I keep them by my computer. Part of the fun is the hunting them down as they're not very fashionable at the moment and I never spend over ?5.00.
                            J x
                            :l
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

treating yourself.

i also bought a fridge magnet saying "tomorrow i will be good" . then i realized that was one for the bad old days with AL. its now in the bin because today i will be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X