MWO Program Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO Program Update

On my 3rd week being sober and I have been so busy. My husband went to Haiti again, which leaves me home with 6 dogs, 2 kids and a rabbit. My daughter got picked up by a talent/modeling management company so I had to take her for portfolio pictures, she has her first casting call in Panama City Beach in May. Senior year in winding down so had a Project Graduation meeting this meek, Senior Night at the baseball field for my son's last home game, cheerleading pictures for my daughter's squad for the newspaper, cheerleading practice, dancing practice (recital is next week), prom is tonight and the after party until 3:00 am, I am designated driver to pick him and his friends up, it's gonna be a late night, another baseball game tomorrow, my aunt came in from Alaska that I haven't seen in 5 years (visited with her last night), my youngest brother got arrested for DUI, so there was some drama with him and his majorly dysfunctional fiance. I refused to give them anymore money to get him out, they had to use their savings. I just got off the phone with him and he is in a foul mood, complaining about everything, especially his job, which my husband got him. His fiance just called me and he is already back drinking, he just got out of jail 2 days ago. Thank God I am still sober and I'm not living on that roller coaster anymore.
    You can be who others think you should or who you were called to be. The difference is that who you were called to be is the real you.

Comment

MWO Program Update

We survived the Prom last night with no drunk drivings and no alcohol related incidents. The kids had a great time and I am grateful that I was sober and could pick my child and his friends up from the afterparty at 4:00 am safely. I was very impressed with the way that his classmate organized the afterparty, they did allow drinking, but they had to have wristbands to get in, he limited the number of people that could attend, he had chaperones and "bouncers", a sober parent had to pick up the kids and had to sign out everyone that was riding with them, he had someone talk to the sherrif's department and let them know about the party and how it was going to be handled. The sherrif's department told them they were OK with it and wouldn't get involved unless there was trouble. The sherrif's department also said that they were glad he was doing such a controlled party and the kids wouldn't be on the road drinking and driving at all hours of the morning. Some people may not agree with us as parents allowing our 17 and 18 year olds to drink, but I guess I am realistic and know it is going to happen, so I would rather my child not have to hide it and possibly put himself in a situation to get hurt or killed. I don't provide them with alcohol, but they get it anyway, so I want to keep him and his friends safe. For my son's entire high school life, since they have started drinking and going out, they have not lost one classmate to a drunk driving accident, they have not had any dui's, there has been no one arrested, they always have a designated driver when they go out, so I find that as a group they are very responsible when it comes to drinking. My son is an athlete and has been subjected to random drug screenings for the last 6 years and has never failed a drug test. I have been blessed with this child and his friends, I was already addicted to drugs and alcohol by the time I was 12, and they are not like I was. I see no cause to be concerned about my child at this point, but once he goes to college, if he starts having problems I will know how to help him. I don't regret my past or what I had to go through to get to where I am today, I have alot of experience that may be helpful to someone someday.
      You can be who others think you should or who you were called to be. The difference is that who you were called to be is the real you.

Comment

MWO Program Update

Starting week 4 af and i feel so much better. I had a busy week, my son's 18th birthday, last week of school for him, my 11 year old started cheerleading practice and tumbling and also had her dance recital Saturday, so there were practices all week until 9:00 and then 2 shows on recital day. We had to be there by noon and didn't get home until almost 11:00 pm. She did great and was very beautiful. I have also been busy this week getting ready for project graduation, im on the prize committee and will have to work all night on grad night, and taking care of some last minute details for graduation night. I stuck with my program most of the days, some days this week all I did was not drink. I stayed pretty peaceful and serene, and had positive thinking most of the week. Im still grateful to be sober and will continue to do so for today anyway.

Comment

MWO Program Update

Congratulations on 4 Weeks! Way to go! Sounds like you are keeping yourself very busy. Your kids both sound wonderful and you should be very proud of them. Keep up the good work...you are an inspiration to many of us here!
          :h
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MWO Program Update

:goodjob:Wow, godschild, you found time to drink? You sound like you have a great and busy life! Congrats on AF week 4, that is great. One of the things I am enjoying AF too is time now spent with my teen daughter and her friends. I always did enjoy it but now with a clear head and being totally present it is even more of a positive and fun time!
            Good for you not giving money. I made a "sorry I don't lend money" rule last year for myself as my son and others were always coming to me for bail outs of one drama or another.
            Again, great job on week 4 AF!!!!:wd:
            AF since April 19, 2010
            NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
            -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

MWO Program Update

GC-
              You are beautiful! Glad to "see" you!
              :h
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

MWO Program Update

thanks K9 for the encouragement, I am extremely proud of my kids, I was truly blessed with them and my husband (took 4 marriages, but finally got a good one LOL)! I know that if I hadn't been sober as long as I was, my kids would not have turned out as well as they did.
                thanks daybyday! LOL, I did all those things while under the influence . I was sober for 7 years up until October 2009, I had only been drinking again for 6 months. I have gotten to spend alot of time with the teenagers sober and it has been alot of fun. I have always been the mom that was out after midnight picking kids up from parties, dances, cooking snacks at 2 am, etc. and loved every minute of it. As far as my brother and anyone else that needs help to get out of trouble, I agree with you, this loan department is closed, besides they never pay me back anyway.

Comment

MWO Program Update

Thanks K9 you are beautiful too, I am loving seeing pictures of everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                  X