Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My detailed Case (Alcohol + Nicotine) help call

@Ukblonde
    I've bought a bottle of alcohol-free Cabernet today and it's way too sweet for me, more like grape juice from concentrate, and I hate sweetness, sugar or not, so it's clearly not a long term solution, but I'll make some experiments mixing it with the driest red wine I can find (Pinot Noir probably) to see if I can manage to get a drinkable thing for dinner with less alcohol. Generally speaking I think Americans are completely addicted to sugar and super sweet things (US manufacturers add them in nearly everything, from bread to mayonnaise) and that has always been a huge annoyance to me (I grew up abroad so I wasn't force fed with that kind of stuff since early age). Fortunately my wife who has the same problem now cooks everything, including her own bread. Well, at least I won't die from obesity, just cirrhosis or lung cancer.

@Stargazerlily
    Inpatient detox/rehab is not an option as I would obviously become uninsurable (I'm self-employed), at least until 2014 when insurance won't apparently be able to discriminate against pre-existing conditions anymore. In the worst case scenario if I have to do it I would go abroad (particularly easy for me as I have multiple citizenships), but I want to give high dose Bac a try first as it seems to work for nearly everyone in my situation. I'm now at 70 mg and raising.

@AMELIA
    No panic attacks since last time, just usual cravings, shaking during the day and some light sweating and insomnia, I don't think Bac has any effect on me yet... Remember that the dose applied to long term seriously alcoholic rats was a daily 5 mg per kg of body mass, that would mean 500 mg per day for me ! I hope I won't have to go that high but I don't expect anything before I reach a way higher dose.

Comment

Working...
    X