Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am discouraged

HELP!!!
    I work for a man that pays us whenever he feels like it. I am the "supervisor" of about 20 people and they all look to me to explain why our paychecks are not here. I cannot explain. We should have been paid Friday the 5th, but weren't. My boss said checks would go out last Friday for delivery today, but they have not even been sent.
    I want to lock up, go home, buy some beer, and cry.
    What should I do??
    I need some encouragement. I also found out this morning that a job I interviwed for and was very excited about was offered to someone else. DAMN IT ALL.
    I know beer won't help. but I am so sick of this terrible treatment. I have never been in a situation like this......
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

I am discouraged

Hey, Mama Bear -
    I can't really give you any advice on the business end, but I'm sorry you've been put in that position. Just don't drink. Go back to your toolbox, burn off that anger and excess energy, whatever. :l
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I am discouraged

Hi MBear,
      Well, I think you are wise to be looking for another job! Keep trying, we never really know why one candidate is chosen over another, so don't be discouraged.

Have you thought of calling the "Labor Board" in your state to ask what the law is as far as when you are paid? Most states have very strict laws governing this. Once, you know the law, you can take it from there. Have you asked your boss for a meeting concerning pay checks? I would have a straight up conversation asking what is going on, and why and also what his plans are for the future?

These are tough times, especially for small business, many no longer have the lines of credit that they used to have. But, you deserve to know the truth about what is happening.

You are right, beer will not help! In fact, it will probably make matters worse! Listen, you are working hard on fixing a major issue that You Can Control, and that is your drinking. Do not let that go due to frustration regarding things or people that are out of your control.

Hang in there!
      xx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I am discouraged

Oh Mama Bear - I am so sorry!! That is rotten. Absolutely rotten!!!! I wish I knew what to tell you. But, come here & vent. Come on & vent. Let it all out.
        I think the labor board call is a very good idea.
        Hang on - you are doing great.
        Big hugs are coming your your way. :l:l:l:l:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am discouraged

mama bear, If your boss dosen't end up paying yall ,take it to the Board of Labor. They will make him pay. I know it won't help you this minute but it will in the long run. As far as the job goes, hold on,something better might be comming your way. Just keep your heart and your mind open. I can understand this making you want to drink this all away but thats the point it doesn't, it just adds to it all.
          runningwind :l
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

I am discouraged

mama bear;822747 wrote: HELP!!!
            I work for a man that pays us whenever he feels like it. I am the "supervisor" of about 20 people and they all look to me to explain why our paychecks are not here. I cannot explain. We should have been paid Friday the 5th, but weren't. My boss said checks would go out last Friday for delivery today, but they have not even been sent.
            I want to lock up, go home, buy some beer, and cry.
            What should I do??
            I need some encouragement. I also found out this morning that a job I interviwed for and was very excited about was offered to someone else. DAMN IT ALL.
            I know beer won't help. but I am so sick of this terrible treatment. I have never been in a situation like this......
            Mama Bear - Here is a useful forum for labor law questions:

laborlawtalk.com

Good luck - and whatever you do, DON'T buy the beer! I blew my 10 day AF record on the weekend and I soooooo regret it now. Stay strong!
            Coco

Comment

I am discouraged

I have called the labor board and they don;t do anything until it is seven days late,,,,so we're at that spot...but I will get fired. I have called an attorney and he found out about it and that was no fun.....my husband has been unemployed so I have been sucking it up for my family...he did just start a new job but it is commission only...so for a little while things will be tight....
              whenI question him he gives me some smart ass answer...I am the only one in the entire company that is not afraid of him and he respects me for that but I just want to punch him in the face!!!! I have employees with no power, cars getting repossessed,etc...
              What a selfish ass......

Comment

I am discouraged

thanks guys...i will try the labor law like and I am looking up the attorney's name I spoke with even though I was threatenend with termination....

Comment

I am discouraged

Mama,
                  Something I tell people and it usually holds true. Everything happens for a reason, and things always work out for the best. Maybe you will get fired but you will be forced to get another job - maybe a better one. People I know say "getting fired is the best thing that ever happenned to me" or maybe your boss will straighten up. Hang in there Mama, in the big scheme of things remember that you have your family and I know you will be ok.
                  Your, friend,
                  Hoping

Comment

I am discouraged

Hello Mama Bear,

So sorry you are going through this. Here is an EXCELLENT resource that I've used that would be a lot cheaper than seeing an expensive lawyer just now. It's called Just Answer. Ask Question & Experts Answer You ASAP! Name Your Price, Get Online Advice & Help - Just Answer!. This service offers advice on a variety of subjects, including labor/legal issues. The fee for asking a question is just $14 and an expert will answer your question in less than 20 minutes.

A word of advice: if you use it, be very specific about what avenues you've tried already. Good luck!
                    I'll be praying for you.

Warmest thoughts,

Rusty

Comment

I am discouraged

Mama B, you're obviously working for an asshole. Terminating you for demanding payment for your services would also be cause for a suit against him. It does take a while, and some aggravation, to enforce our rights, but eventually you will win. Who does HE report to? Does he own the company you work for? Look at every option, but stand up to this jerk. Also, keep looking for a better job. The economy's bad, I know, but you shouldn't have to put up with this crap. My husband is, after 33 years of devotion to his employer, being subjected to unfair descrimination, but he at least has the option of retiring if it gets too bad. We've been talking a lot about this subject, and he's realized that he's given his work SO much more than he's given his family over these years, and now they want to treat him this way, even though he's their go-to guy for information, since he has so much experience and natural common sense in handling situations, has always been devoted to doing a good job, and doesn't come with a built-in sense of entitlement, like so many younger people have. Good luck to you, and PLEASE don't drink. I believe things are going to start getting better, and you sound like you have the kind of experience that other companies will recognize and appreciate. Meanwhile, we're here for you, hon.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I am discouraged

MamaBear...just wanted you to know that I am here for you, too. I hope this will get resolved without you being fired....but like others said - there is probably a better opportunity for you out there, a job where you will be appreciated! Please don't drink....keep coming here and vent to us. We are much more fun to be with than AL. :l
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

I am discouraged

Thanks so much for your encouragement..I have calmed down now....just needed to vent.....I will continue my search...I would consider being a stripper but I can't live on quarters!!!!!

Comment

I am discouraged

I guess it depends on how many quarters you would get?????????? :H:H:H
                            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

I am discouraged

Hey mamabear...

I am so sorry about your situation. That sounds really tough. I can't think of any advice to give you except:

DO NOT let this guy take away your sobriety! He's NOT worth it.

Hang in there!
                              :h:h

flower

Comment

Working...
                              X