Clear All

I am discouraged

ooooohhhhhhh....i like that one...
    and not many quarters....trust!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am discouraged

mama bear;822790 wrote: Thanks so much for your encouragement..I have calmed down now....just needed to vent.....I will continue my search...I would consider being a stripper but I can't live on quarters!!!!!
      I told Hubs at one point in our life I was considering standing on street corners trying to hook for money. He, being a natural-born smartass, commented no one could live on a dollar a day! :H
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I am discouraged

Hey MBear!
        I just thought of something.....if he fires you due to you demanding payment for services rendered, you can collect unemployment! At least they pay on time!! LOL
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I am discouraged

Mamabear,
          I am so sorry for the stress this has caused you - but remember, no matter how the other employees react to you - it is NOT your fault! Drinking AL will also not solve the situation at all.. you need to keep a clear head so you can decide what to do.. remember AL does not make problems magically disappear - it makes problems seem worse as it is a depressant.. and will make you feel physically unwell.. hang in there! I cannot advise on what you can do about the actual situation as I have no idea how these things work in the states.. but i'm sure you will figure out a way, as long as you are sober!
          We are here for you!
          Katie xx
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I am discouraged

Sorry to hear about your troubles mama sounds very much like your company struggling there, why not confront your boss and ask him outright. Don't need to remind you its tough out there so hang tight :l:l
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

I am discouraged

Oh Mamabear -- I am so sorry to hear about your predicament... how crappy. No path you take is going to get the money you need right away! All I can say is stay strong. Stay away from the booze and keep looking for a new job. Obviously this a situation that is jut going to repeat itself. Praying for you my friend! Hold your head high, babe!

Comment

I am discouraged

Mama,
                My hubby went through the same thing a few years back. It was rough. It was a small office and this guy had started a new company.

However, once hubby realized he wasn't getting his checks on time and the boss said, "You have to sacrifice for the greater good of the company," while in the mean time his boss was using money to do frivilous things, my husband left.

I hope you can find a new job. You should not be in this situation.

I can understand a small startup company struggling, or even an established small company struggling to make payroll, but the employees have to be given the information and understand.

Just saying "The check's in the mail," doesn't make it.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am discouraged

This hit the spot

Yes Mama Bear,
                  I know exactly where you are coming from. So scary...My boss is a monster. She treats me horrible. I am an assistant to a director but wow that does not mean they can treat be so bad that it is almost humiliating. Little things like being called into my bosses office because I walked in 3 minutes late. Or calling me on a task that was due at 11am sharp and I submitted by 11:30am. I sometimes leave my job crying running home to drink.
                  Guess what? I just found a new job and I am resigning today from my current job. I am excited. It is a little bit of a pay cut but after weighing my pros and cons. My sanity is worth it! There is hope out there. Just think really hard of what you want and mostly deserve act, pray to god and trust my honey everything will work out. " for the best"
                  Hang in!! you a strong don't let anyone or anything bring you down!!!

M
                  :l

Comment

I am discouraged

Thanks M.....
                    so nice to have someone that's been exactly there.....won't it feel nice to tell her to shove it?????
                    I have realized that I cannot use this as an excuse to drink...I have grown that much, but now I am having to control the urges.......to run straight for the frig!!!!!
                    I have made a new friend.....goody.....let's stay in touch and get each other through this....
                    CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB.....AND F*&* YOUR OLD BOSS!!!!!!!!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am discouraged

Thanks Hon,
                      I am really excited about my new job a little worried about the pay cut but I am so happy to be able to have some flexibiliy and be able to actually go to my kids plays and concerts. I am taking this experience as a learning one. Enough about me. Are you Ok? Sometimes it's better when we weight our pros and cons. It's going to be scary but we have a special gift. We have power and that power will guide us!
                      Keep in touch.

I really could use the support from a friend so please keep in contact.
                      Luv
                      M

Comment

I am discouraged

Hi Mama Bear and M22,

I quit my job in January. It was very stressful and I was in the stress / open bottle of wine cycle.

I knew there were changes going on and asked my boss to be completely honest with me. I thought he was a friend. Anyway, I found out he had given my job to someone else and was going to tell me at the end of January. He had actually given this girl my job before Christmas. I would so happily have gone then so I could have spent the summer holidays with my son instead of putting him in vacation care.

Anyway, as soon as I found out, I walked out. Sent my boss an e-mail saying I thought he was honest and trustworthy but that I was sadly mistaken! I haven't heard from him since but I get lots of e-mails and calls from my old colleagues who were pleased I stood up to him. I know a couple of senior managers are now asking what went wrong.

The site manager (who was not my direct boss) has recently called me and said that I am welcome to come over and have coffee or lunch with my ex-colleagues.

Keep strong.

Spam xx

Comment

I am discouraged

Mama Bear, I am so sorry you are going through that. Life just plain sucks but alcohol makes it alot worse, you know that cause you've been telling me that. I know this will get handled and you worrying over it is not going to help you. Just do what you gotta do, which it sounds like you are. Best of luck to you! We all love you and always feel free to vent out your frustrations!
                          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                          X