Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here for another try......

.......once again.

It's destroying my life yet spending thousands of pounds, AA meetings and will power haven't worked. I tried Campral which upset my insides, topa made me feel very dopey, L-glut I was using as sports supplement for years with Amino Acids too.

So guess it's me at the end of the day.

hi UKblonde, I remember you. I'm back myself .. Day One. Sick of the misery and madness. let's fight!!!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi Ukblonde,

Welcome back to MWO, this is a good place!
      Feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for some support

Wishing you the best!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi UKblonde,
        Welcome back - I remember you too!
        Carry on with the L-Glut and Amino Acids if you can. They really do help with the cravings.
        Have you read any of the threads on Baclofen? That could be an option for you too.
        Just the fact that you have made an effort to re-connect here is a good start.
        Hang around and make sure you ask for support when you need it.
        Best wishes!
        Amelia
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

hi ukblonde, i remember you to, welcome back ditto to the above, your hear now so just start at the beginning again.YOU can do it..:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Ukblonde and Dexterhead, I remember you both. So glad to see you back. Uk, your last sentence sums it up, "So guess it's me at the end of the day."

Comment

Yay UK! Welcome back! I'm new--nice to meet you. Let's get through this together. I find your last sentence, "So guess it's me at the end of the day." interesting. I think I'm making excuses for myself--I'll go totally AF when all my supps are here. I'll go totally AF when my topa kicks in. I think I'm putting too much faith in those things--because really it's up to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
              :h getting better every day

Comment

I'am a newbie here but I hope that I get to know you.
                Wishing you all the best.
                runningwind
                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

I am new too UK. I am about 8 days into this process. I was putting away one and a half to two bottles of wine EVERY night. I was having the first one before my hubby got home so that he would only see me drink the next one. My turning point was when one of my employees about 15 days ago went in for heart surgery (valve replacement). She was 59 and healthy, just had a congenital defect they have always known would require surgery at some point. She never woke up. She will never see her 2 year old grandbaby grow up. I was starting to have heart palpitations because of the drinking. My blood pressure was a mess, and I am sure my blood sugar was awful. I am only 40 and I know I was doing horrible things to my body. I can only hope that I stick with this and her passing doesn't fade from my mind and I go back to my old ways. Lets kick AL's ass together!
                  I used to love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food :heart:

Comment

I am new too - Day 18 for me and I keep telling myself that I don't have an option this time. No option. I have to live a life without AL. You can do this too! We will be here to help you fight and have faith in yourself!

Comment

hey mate, with you all the way. This is me! Dumb arsed idiot that likes the piss to much and cant stop. Sorry can stop :-)
                      Take it easy

OVER IT!

Comment

Working...
                      X