27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

Yes, congrats on 29? days now? I can never keep things straight with the time differences!

That is absolutely fantastic! I have a friend who takes it and like it too. I say if it works and makes your life easier that is wonderful!. :goodjob:

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

I know what you mean in terms of the anger. But the peace will come. I'm sure.

Someone once told me it takes 6 months to break a habit. (actually it might have been my old man, who was told by his counsellor. He also has similar problems) it off course depends on te person and on the particular habit.

Also breaking the habit doesn't lesson the risk of you slipping back into the habit or having cravings. Someone else once told me about going to gym, you can go every day for some time, and than you skip a day or two and before you know it you're not going anymore. However if you go for a couple of months consistently (in this case it was 6 months indeed), you have become used to a new habit. a new style of living. If you skip a couple of days or a week because you are sick you can just as easily get back into it. Not sure if i'm just babbling away now or making any sense or whether this is a suitable example as addiction is a little more than just a habit. My point with time you will find some kind of peace. I am sure (and at least hope so. I'm in the same boat after all )

(sorry for highjacking your post if I am. This is about your great achievement to date )
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

Miss Merlot!!

Well done!!!! Congrats!!! I have never strung that many days along . . . peace will come!

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

Congrats Annie,

Remember, it takes 21 days to break a bad habit & 90 days to make a new one

Keep up the great work!!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

thanks to you all for your kind posts....

day 30 for me....

feeling good!!!!

xx
            "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
            Bring it on!

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

:wd::yay::wd:

Huge congratulations Miss M

J x

:l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, MissMerlot! You are an inspiration, and I hope to be where you are in a month's time!

Peace, RE
                :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

27 DAYS FOR ME!!!

thanks jc....
                  :l:l:l

re.....
                  please believe when i say if i can do it anyone can....

hugs
                  xx
                  annie
                  "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                  Bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                  X