Any one only drink the hard stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new, I have been reading a lot of the newbie posts and a lot of women talk about wine. Does anyone else out there only drink wisky/vodka/gin? How much worse on your body do you think that is than beer/wine?

I prefer vodka, but it makes me real unpredictable, real fast, and I get entirely too interesting to be around. I have drank only beer (and sometimes Kalhua) in recent years because I'm scared of what happens to me on hard liquor. I imagine it's harder on your stomach and esophagus, but it probably depends more on how much alcohol you consume than what kind of drink the alcohol comes in - and I dunno - that's just a guess.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Hi!
      I really enjoy vodka besides wine, but it makes me lose control much faster and also the consequences the day after are worse......so I try not to drink it unless on special occasions, but even then I need to check myself otherwise I could drink half a bottle - and I usually d.....I don't know whether the effects on your body are worse, I would assume if u drink the same quantity of wine and hard liquor, the latter is worse, but I am no doctor I am not sure........but I can definitely tell I feel vodka is much stronger "on my head" than wine or beer. Two vodkas have the same effect of 4 glasses of wine..........the problem is that - of course - I don't stop at two.........I wish nobody invented the vodka martini dirty!!!!!!!!....... ciao!

Comment

I don't drink wine at all - scotch is my poison of choice, followed by beer.

Barb

Comment

Another fan of the demon fire water. It will kill me if I don't put it down for good.

Hey there, another from the wet side of the state!!

Comment

Vodka and wine give me hangovers. I was into whisky acouple years ago when I was going through a lot, but I have managed to "cut down" to only beer. Same amount of drinks, but just beer. I consider it a step in the right direction. It's too easy to get bombed on the hard stuff.

Comment

who really cares????? it's all booze rite? get's us where we need to go when we need to get there?
              kinda like Lexus vs. VW.?

Comment

Hi all, Its Fri. 13th and Im starting today!! I tried a few months back without the topa and couldnt get past the second day.My topa is due to arrive today and I just ordered adrafinil because Im worried about becoming even more spacey.I'm a little nervous about all these supplements and drugs. Does anyone have any advise.I have a full bottle of rum and am hoping to leave it alone and drink a glass of wine instead.I'm hoping for good luck today! Molly

Comment

Demon fire water? Never heard it called that but what a perfect desciption.I usually have about 3-4 shots every night. Think my liver will last another year? I hate how beer makes me feel so bloated and full. Whiskey just seems to do the trick and with staight shots you don't have to taste. Defenetly time to quite. Sokmetimes i wake up in the morning for work and don't remember going to bed. Have you been there?

Comment

Have I been there? I've woken up fully dressed not knowing how the hell I got there. Then, small memorie of the night before creep in my head and I just want to pull the covers up over my head.

Comment

good luck!

Hi Molly-

Good luck to you on Friday the 13th! You can do it and I'm rooting for you! Put that bottle of rum away where you can't easily get to it. Hang in there, go for a walk, listen to the hypnothereapy tapes (if you have them). Just take it an hour, then a day at a time. I just completed 30 days AF and I'm amazed at how relatively painless it was. It's all about commitment, knowing you're worth any effort it takes to be healthy and feel better, and gettig the support you need (there are wonderful people here who offer lots of encouragement).

I'll be thinking of you!

Best,
                      Kayjay

Comment

i have always had a taste for vodka occasionally changing to either bacardi or spiced rum but always came back to my "trusted friend", vodka only in later years have noticed i am getting more aggresive on vodka as for health wise since i have decided i do not want any of them in my life i have been worried about the affects it has all had on my health so my doc has tested me for a variety of things and the good news is my liver,kidneys,cholesterol,blood suger levels and even my heart are all working fine the only thing that showed up was an under active thyroid but i will not sit here and advocate drinking any of them to excess i have just been a very lucky person and it has given me added incentive to quit altogether so good luck to all of you on whichever quest you are on and hopefully i can get to the end of my journey unscathed

Comment

zampa - ooh i love a dirty martini. a restaurant here had one called 'meg's dirty nasty'. i loved ordering that. it was a double, ran around $13...but it was delicious. i may have spilled more than i swallowed, though. stupid martini glasses.

Comment

I like everything. Beer, pale ale, wine, raspberry vodka and my favorite is coconut rum. I guess I feel tropical when it gets cold up here or something.
                            It all ends me up in the same place at the end of the day though. Wondering..."why"
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Mike,
                              Great question. I usually drink wine. I love bailey's but the calories add to the bottom. So just done to vino.

Abby

Comment

Working...
                              X