Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate society..

Ohhh KatieB~~

I agree with you and am sorry for the distress all of this is bringing on you. It's a real challenge to live in a society that has little or no value for principles, morals or integrity. That's probably why many choose the solitude of running, swimming, biking or meditation to step away and relieve stress. I do my best thinking cruising the hills on my bike. Exercise if you ask me is a great way to cope with all the crap that is thrown our way from living in this toxic environment we call life. I also love dogs for the same reasons. I watched 'Marley & Me' tonight and wondered why I don't have a dog right now. They are the best, period!! Anyway all I would really say to you is that AL won't solve a thing or change squat. It alters your perception for a short period and then the payback is hell. You don't need me to explain the long term consequences of drinking. We have no choice but to live in this quagmire and figure out how to thrive. Don't drink! It will make things seem better for a bit but in the end it bites like a viper. Look for the pleasures of life that suit YOU and stay away from all the negativity people spew. Oh yeah & Don't Drink! Life is better AF & only seems better when you're drinking. Enjoy the simple pleasures. Tomorrow will be here soon so don't wait.

A quote from 'Marley & Me' ~~

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his."

Comment

I hate society..

hi katie b,i beleive we all feel the same,i do,and ive been doing this for quite a while,the sad thing in society,is what we never seen when we were under the influence,over whelms us even more when were of sober mind,i enjoyed my time with alchohol many more then i didnt,i can say i "loved" it,for me it took many years to just come to the decision i just shouldnt drink,makes sense,yes,soething when i drank,didnt,wish ya well gyco

Comment

I hate society..

Katie B,

I am similar to you in that it is hard for me to trust anyone. Maybe it is women in general, but there is always the gossip and the backstabbing and the one-upping each other. It makes me want to run away and escape too....ie AL. I was even like that as a kid....when I didn't want to be around people I would escape to the Library which was next door to my house and spend hours reading stories.

It is unfortunate that we feel like that about people. There are many "good" people out there. You know the ones that make you feel good just being around them....what is their secret? I have weeded out the people that are hurtful and mean in my life. Yes, it causes me to be lonely....but why be around them and have to "pretend" that you are enjoying their company. Everyone is different and some people thrive on the group dynamic. I wonder if they are oblivious to the underlying currents or do they thrive on the drama? Maybe it is us (you and me), maybe we are just too sensitive, which many with AL problems are highly sensitive. That's a discussion for another thread.

I guess my point is to find something that you enjoy doing. I actually like my exercise class 'yoga" and the people that go to that. You will eventually find kindred spirits. Don't turn to AL to be your only friend....it will turn on you worse than the people you are avoiding and leave you with nothing/no one.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I hate society..

For Brightlite

For Brightlite, or anyone (thinking you will like this)

Hidden Attached files [img]/converted_files/1184032=5541-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

I hate society..

I agree with brightlite, you 'weed out' until you are left with positive people who make you feel good about yourself. In my case it turned out that a group of people I thought I 'should' be friends with were actually very self absorbed and dull, and drinking helped make them a lot more 'sparkly', if you get what I mean?

There isn't much you can do about society as a whole, but a positive attitude goes a long way. You are having a very tough time at the minute, but you will come out the other side and find your peace. In the mean time I also advocate Yoga, it took me a long time and trying a few different classes, but I think it really brought me a lot of peace.

Take Care,

Bets.
            xx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I hate society..

Hidden,

Thanks for the pic! Trying to fit in when you are different without being noticed! That's me! LOL!

Bets! I know the self-absorbed type and I'm happy to have moved on from that group. I'm finding there are actually some pretty interesting people out there.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

I hate society..

Thank you Brightlight, Hypernova, Sweatybetty, Gyco..
                I am feeling more optimistic.. not everyone is out for themselves, there are lots of kind ppl in the world.. i just have to have a positive outlook and not "run away".. at least I did not get drunk yesterday, I had a couple of glasses but I managed to stay productive and did not get depressed.. but I won't be buying any more AL.. i cant believe I was actually able to put half the bottle back! i'm proud of myself for that.. so i think I have improved alot.. I may not have been AF but I have not got DRUNK for 6 weeks! :yay:
                Thanks again for EVERYONE'S support.. I will work on changing my outlook,
                Katie xxx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I hate society..

There you go Katie ~~ way to B. Negativity feeds on itself so starve it to death. Alcohol is positively negative. Oh yeah & don't drink!

Comment

Working...
                  X