why? why? why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why? why? why?

After many years of taking many substances and then finally ending up with alcohol, I find myself asking why? I never had a problem when I was younger. I would get drunk, I think it was fun, I don't quite remember, but I think it was.... I am sure it was, but it is not fun now. It is almost like a necessity to function. I am a very lucky human. I survive all by myself and am female but still am under this curse. I went into a rehab situation just recently, it was a Christian organization. I got bored and left, as drinking enticed me more. I went to AA and got so bored of people bleating on about their woes that it drove me to drink. Yes, that is an excuse but it did that to me and that is a fact. I do know it is me, my boredome threshold is so apparant to me. Yet, my drinking is so apparant to everyone including me. So how the hell do I get better. ? I want to and I am now suffering so much from it that at the point I am at you would think stop!! That is if you applied logic, do bear in mind logic is my enemy... Any suggestions??? Gratefully appreciated:thanks:

why? why? why?

Don't leave here through boredom, theres my best advice. (lol) Keep reading, and keep posting, there are some seriously clever and interesting people on here who offer some really good and sound helpful advice. Stick with it and the rewards will come. xx
    :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

why? why? why?

i think most of us started with the fun times, but the fun times turn bad, that is why we are here. if the fun times were still with me i would happily drink for the rest of my life. ive tried so many times to drink 'normally' but it just hasnt happened. im 29 days AF now, couldnt have done it without the advice and support from this site. there is loads of good information here. im in the early stages and still dont know what i am gonna do long term but at least my head is clearing so i can think about it. im sure there are good times without getting wasted x
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

why? why? why?

do you know what - thanks?

Thanks is for replying. I read and I do read and digest words. I read with synicism but remain sceptical. Yet, I know your words are meant with sheer good intention, so thank you for that. I remain doubtful that any website will help me conquer my demons. I do genuinely believe it is just down to me. No rehab will alter any situation, it is my mind that will and that is what I need to address, my mind. Do you know what?? Thanks, that means so much, and not said lightly. Have a good day...........

Comment

why? why? why?

Hi Ohnonotagain,

Your name could suit many of us.

Yes, it is down to you but why not arm yourself with as many things as possible? That may be AA, Women for Sobriety, there is another new approach but I can't remember it's name.

Then there's wanting to break free and willpower.

Do whatever you can and whatever you want to break AL's hold.

I came here with nothing...just an AL problem. And I've only been here since 25th Jan. I'm not out of the woods by any means but I am learning.

I am going to see a counsellor on Friday - during school time so hubby and son don't know about it.

Drop in here, read, ask questions.

Hope to see you soon.

Spam xx

Comment

Working...
          X