Can't get passed the 4AF day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do it Panno. Just stick to the plan. And after the 4 days the AF days will start piling!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

[QUOTE=Panno;827584]Well here it is day 4!! I am not going to drink tonight, I will be popping in and out MWO throughout the day and night to keep me strong. I am feeling very positive and in a good frame of mind (apart from the banging headache!!)

Panno,
      Yay! day 4!!! Glad u feel positive and strong! I am sooo happy for you. You will be at 30 days in no time and it will get easier. Such a nice life style change.
      Take care.

Comment

16.10pm here and the urge is strong!!! Just had a visit from the big bossess which was not a bad meeting but not a brilliant one either. I'm in property sales so you can imagine the pressure at the moment!! Roll on 5.00pm when I can go to the gym - I am still determined to get through this evening without a drink. Thanks for all the support it really is appreciated - catch u all later :h
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Day 4AF is a cycle for me as well

Panno,

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I did so well after the first couple of weeks on the site (AF 15 or something). Now I'm in the vicious AF4 or AF5 routine and it sucks!

Great advice everyone. It is comforting to know that many people here have been in this cycle but have broken free of AL. With the support here maybe we can be one of those successful ones that break free too.

I like your schedule of events. Great job to keep busy right up until your sober head hits the pillow.

Everyone in this nasty cycle.... Let's work on this together. Not sure if you are AF4 or 5 today (depending on where you are in the world).

You can do it PANNO! Maybe you already have by now!
          :l

Comment

Just hold in there guys, Af4 and AF5 are hard for me too, your body is now free of AL so I'm guessing it's looking for more to process like it's been doing for the last however long you've been drinking. I know it's hard but try and keep busy ignore the cravings and you'll find they will pass, last time the first few days I was in bed at the same time as my kids and asleep trying not to give in to them.

We're all in this together.:l
            WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Panno, Meech and Leaveinsilence,
              Stay strong, go into chat this evening and hang out with everyone. before you know it, the evening will have passed.
              C'mon guys, this can be done, you are in control not the demon.

Comment

I wish you luck!! If that could get you through I would send a boatload your way. A little luck plus a mindset of I know I need to stop drinking and this is what I want. Be strong and get past your personal hurdle and then keep running with it. Congrats on getting to this point, oh yeah and good luck. I hope you look back in 26 days and see 30 behind you.

Comment

Hi all well god is really sending down the challenges I am reading and replying from my phone as my internet signal in the flat too low!! Getting through the night ok hope all going well with you meech and leave stay strong we can do this x thanks everyone for the support it's really appreciated x
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

good job Panno, keep up the good work. Every day will get easier. That is what I keep telling myself.
                    hanging

Comment

Yipee I did it!!

Feeling pretty good with myself this morning - :day4: Slept like a baby and even managed to do housework before getting out to work - a sheer bloody miracle. Well here's looking forward to AF day 5!! Thanks everyone for the support it really does get me through

Comment

Hey Panno, Alrready just left this on the ODAT thread but belive this need special mention in this thread! Very, very, very well done. You see, when you stick your head down you can do it!! dreaded day 4 in the pocket. Hopefully it's going to be easier now that you're over this mental hurdle!!!

Congratz!!!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Phew only just got through last night it was a real toughie i could not concentrate on anything - thank god for movies!! But on my 6AF day and will not drink today. I am learning to just take everything as it comes and if I don't finish one task just start another.

Comment

Awesome Panno. You made it. That's what counts. ODAT.

Just keep yourself busy. Almost a week in the pocket! You can do it!!!
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Phenomenal job, Panno! So glad you made it to Day 6! Yay!
                              :crazymonkey: RivEd

Comment

Back to day 1!!!

Well I had a bottle of wine last night aarghhh!! I'm ok just annoyed with myself - I got through Friday and Saturday urges and then bang I let my guard down Sunday. My youngest daughter came round to chat after our argument 2 Sundays ago on Mothers Day (it was about my drinking) I had been busy all day, cleaning and gardening making sure I did not give in and show her I was not drinking and doing ok. No sooner had she gone I just give in went to the shop and bought the bottle. Regretting it now but I'm not drinking tonight, I've been to the gym for a good workout, had a low calorie dinner and got a new novel for later. Given myself another kick up the :bum:

Comment

Working...
                                X