reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reality

:new: I feel ridculous at the moment. I don't no how to even do a profile. I am seeking help, alcohol has ruined my life and i'm hanging by a thread lv

reality

Hi Reality,

Welcome! Can you share alittle bit of what going on. This is a great site and definitely get onto the chat room, they are very supportive. Stay strong and remember we are all here for you, there is no judgment, just open arms.

Big hugs,
    Janet
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

reality

Hi Reality,

It's good here. No-one's judgemental and no question is silly. Have a read around. The Newbies Nest is a good place to start.

Spam xx

Comment

reality

Hi and thanks I don't no how to get into newbies do I just click on that. I have been drinking since 1997. I gave up for 2 years and again for few months in 2006 But I can't shake it this time I absolutly hate the drink can go a few days then thats it. Most of my children are lost to me, I have a great husband who I no will support me but he drinks to so do all my what's left freinds. My daughter says I'm like jeckl and hide. I can do my block completely when drumk. My son beat the crap out of me and my husband a few months ago and consequently I can't see my grandies. Funny I was'nt drunk but he was but I've always been the bady. Failed at most things I've done Ido have a proffesion but would loose that if anyone found out. I sort of organise my drinking. lv

Comment

reality

Hi Reality.....good for you for coming here. This is a great place. You will get the hang of getting around. Just start reading & posting and reading & posting and reading & posting. Everyone here is very supportive.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

reality

The Newbies nest is in the starting out section. There are hundreds of posts so go the the last couple of pages, have a read and comment at the end of you want to.

Hope to see you there.

xx

Comment

reality

Hi Reality,

You are not alone. Keep posting here and reading and you'll get there.

Below is a great thread that got started to help newcomers as well.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-41172.html

All the best.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

reality

Hi Reality, I am glad that you are here, there is a tremendous wealth of amazing people who will give you thoughts, feedback and ideas here. Write and read lots for starters. The live chat is also very supportive and welcoming - depending on the time of day, there are more or less people on there, just keep checking. If you still need computer help, let us know. Hang in there,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

reality

Welcome, Reality! :welcome:
                  There are tons of us here in similar predicaments. This is a great place for you to make a new start.

Comment

Working...
                  X