Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Thursday, 25th March 2010

Morning ODATers!!!!!

Day 11 AF here for me. Had a serious moment here yesterday afternoon and thought I wasn't going to cope. On my way home drove past someone I knew from my regular pub and it just overcame me. It's amazing how much energy it can drain from you fighting this urge to drink. I kind of got hold of myself again and when I got home had a strong cup of coffee and somehow managed to get myself together again. But just for a tiny moment it could have been either of the two. Me going to the pub (ok. i'm on Antabuse so I really can't drink but interesting how it was still playing on my mind) or going home.

Sorry for starting us off with a lenthy post. Anyways. Hectic day at work today. Chasing some deadlines that could cost me my job if I don't make.

Great day everyone!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Morning All,

Well, the South Africans and the Aussies are out of bed. Actually, it's passed lunchtime here.

Day 10 for me. Last night was difficult but I made it. I think tonight may be difficult too but I have to deliver son to school by 7.15 am in the morning so drinking is not an option. (School starts here at 8.30 am so 7.15 is very early for me. I wish we had the same school hours as SA but we have the same as the UK.)

Johnny - Your post doesn't look long. Sometimes I think I've typed an essay but when it gets to the screen it's nowhere as big as I thought. BTW - I'm not involved with a church. One of the reasons I drink it to forget about my upbringing in a cult. So, for us, I think it's better to avoid talking about religion. :H Anyway, off to see a counsellor tomorrow for the first time and my experiences in the cult will probably come up and be dealt with eventually.

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Thursday. I'll come back when my 10 year old bundle of trouble has gone to bed.

Spam xx

Comment

Hey Spam.

Haha. You're right. actually once I saw my post it looked quite small Optical illusion I guess.

Hey, I can totally understand what you're saying about religion with your upbringing, etc.! I promise I won't push the envelope

Good Luck with the counsellor. I hope it will be a good experience for you.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hi Johnny & Spam - well done both of you for avoiding the temptations :l Gives people like me hope :h
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

well done johnny and spam for getting through cravings.
          i hope you get through the evil day panno (keep chucking you weeds in the bay, ive got the weedkiller ready)
          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hey family....no news to report
            at Hell job!!!
            Love to all....will check in later
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

Well done Johnny and Spam, both into double digits, keep on going and remember ODAT.

Hi Mama, Spuddle, Panno and everyone else to come. Have a great AF Thursday.

Rustop

Comment

Phew.

Made it through the evening thantks to lots of ice cream, hot dogs and other naughty things. I got a feeling this going AF could gain me a couple of pounds here or there

Good nite!
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Yep another brick in the wall. Today will make 38. I work in an environment with alcohol being served and last night some one placed a glass of wine in front of me and I started to reach for it with my drinking hand and my mind shook my head and I wondered how upset I would have been if I had picked it up and took a sip. (IMHO) I don't think a sip or a drop gets you going on to drinking again. I believe it is your mindset and attitude toward the booze. My reasoning for that is that I have in the past taken an inadvertent sip or drink from somebody's drink thinking it was mine and the only thing that happened was my eyes got sore from almost bulging out of my head after realizing my mistake. Bring on tomorrow:exclaim: :exclaim:

Comment

johnnyh;827904 wrote: Phew.

Made it through the evening thantks to lots of ice cream, hot dogs and other naughty things. I got a feeling this going AF could gain me a couple of pounds here or there

Good nite!
                    Know what you mean! After not even two weeks AF I am starting to look like your avatar. (No offense - but I was really after a more bovine look....)

All kidding aside, I think we can be somewhat lenient on ourselves for the first while. (Of course if we start looking like the Michelin Man we might want to rethink that...)

Cheers!

Coco
                    Coco

Comment

Hyper, I was wondering that too about mindset and alcohol. At Christmas I was a couple of weeks AF and friends arrived for drinks. I was drinking fizzy water in a wine glass letting on I was drinking. My friend put down her wine glass beside mine and genuinely I mistakenly lifted hers and took a big gulp before I realised what it was. Now if I had planned to drink that much wine (prob 1/3 small glass) I reckon I would have been off on a bender, but like you all that happened was the eye-bulging moment you described:shocked: I don't really understand that?!
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                      X