Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone this really semes to good to be true.i just wonted to see how the comunicdation workes i have been to rehab twice and tried aa . at aa when i would say i was trying my own way of staying sober they would tell me something coky like go head more powere to you we will see you in jail doing it your own way how ironic becouse i never herd of this.i really feal like a light bulb went off.i will never tell aa i am doing this it is like they dont wont anything else to work bbut there thing,sorry about my spelling.

i am not knoking aa it is great all the spiritial stuff and the steps and teaching me how to pray.but i always said that exercise and diet with some will powere was thge key for my self anyway but i am so excited. this is not my first visit i have been going to this siter for five days and 5 days af thanks

Comment

we are here for you.....join us new folks in the newbies nest....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

thanks mama bear i have been looking for you all for some time now. i feel like i have said the things that i am saying every time i tried to stop but this is really taking me by supries is it normal are is it false hope

Comment

Hi there and welcome.

I'll agree with you. Excercise and diet is my key. Don't abuse a body that is getting better.

I have had a personal trainer for about 2 months now and every week I ask hiim to up the pace. Every week I leave the gym thinking I am exhausted but feeling great.

Do what it takes for you.

Come back soon.

xxxxxx

Comment

too good,

this is an awesome place to be. log in and read, post, and pray--if you are a pray-er and repeat. this place works.

welcome! you are among friends! i can't even tell you how relieved i was to find out i was not the only one who had a destructive routine/habit that i couldn't break. :welcome:

i look forward to hearing more about you.

love and strength!
            the bellinator
            :h getting better every day

Comment

Toogoodtbt...........welcome,:welcome: I know exactly what you mean, when I knew I had to do this I felt cast adrift from the world and purely by luck googled 'alcoholism' and there was this place. I'm not into God and all that stuff but I do think something sent me here and from what you say the same happened to you!! Keep posting and reading,
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Welcome, Too! We do have highs and plateaus, even down periods on our personal journeys, but it takes work to get anything important. You didn't get to this stage of your drinking overnight, and you don't make changes that quickly either, but you are on the right path. Keep coming here, take all the advice you can get, and let the good people here support your plan.
                Rubes
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hi and welcome togood. you have found a great place here. sounds like youre doing great. 5 AF days, well done. keep coming and reading and posting. there is a lot of great advice and support. we are with you all the way
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

tried 2 beers gross

hey all thanks for the replys this is no bull ha my girl can see the change already i feal it to i have tried to stop mant times before but when i googled stop drinking and found this sight i was floored .it is so nice to visit with people with simulor sercomstances. i went to the store twice after the second time i didnt realize i didnot even think about beer or the devil vodka.i tried juce plus many years ago and felt great.coming to this sight is almost or better than going to a meeting as many time as i wont.i feal great now all i need is a job

Comment

hi & welcome togoodtobetrue to our community,read as many posts as you can,post as frequent as you can your thoughts feelings and qustions, you are not alone.goodluck and give yourself a chance.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Too good. Congratulations on 5 AF days. This is a positive place, but it does take some hard work at times. Don't rest easy too soon. :goodjob:

Comment

togoodtobetrue;828878 wrote: hello everyone this really semes to good to be true.i just wonted to see how the comunicdation workes i have been to rehab twice and tried aa . at aa when i would say i was trying my own way of staying sober they would tell me something coky like go head more powere to you we will see you in jail doing it your own way how ironic becouse i never herd of this.i really feal like a light bulb went off.i will never tell aa i am doing this it is like they dont wont anything else to work bbut there thing,sorry about my spelling.
                          togoodtobetrue, I don't believe anyone person or organization, has all the answers.
                          That is what I love about MWO, you'll get many different views on what works and dosen't work for each of us and somewhere in the middle, you'll find what works for you. :welcome:
                          runninwind
                          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Welcome ! Glad you can join us.
                            :notes:
                            My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves me altogether.

"When enough is enough, that's when you know your half way there"-Tim Mcllrath

Comment

Hi toogoodtobetrue,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
                              Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health Store for about $12.

Also, please take a look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for god ideas to help you make your plan.

Feel free to visit us in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.
                              Congrats on your 5 AF days - great strart

Wishing you the best!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X