hi, i'm a newbie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, i'm a newbie...

feeling a bit shy but oh so hopeful....I really need to be AL free...i want it more than anything else so i can really achieve all the things i am capable of. As my drinking has begun to change i see two roads ahead of me and i sure don't want to take the one the AL is leading me down....ordered the online book today and the cd's ...i soooo hope that they arrive soon....appt with Doc next week and supplement shopping on monday.....oh God, please let me be strong enough to let this work...please say a prayer for me if you're the prayin' kind....:new:

hi, i'm a newbie...

:welcome: Sea change,

You've made a huge step today and have joined people who have all been where you are today.

Have a click on the toolbox link. It'll help to get a plan of action together.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

You're off to a great start with the book,the CD's and getting your doctor on Board.

Keep posting,keep reading and let us get to know you.

Best of luck to you as you start this journey.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Welcome, Sea Change. You've found a good place to learn and get support and help. Be sure to also read 'Sobriety Plan' below in this section. It has lots of good info too for getting started. And 'Start Here'. Call on people for info!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

:welcome: hi sea change. glad you have found us. this is a great place for support and advice. there are people just starting out and others who have been sober for a long time. we are all here for the same reason, to beat the AL demon. keep reading and posting. wishing you luck and strength on your journey.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Here's another great thread to have look through.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-41172.html

J x
          :l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Welcome~
            Sounds like you have a positive attitude and you're on your way...best of luck on your journey towards an AF life!
            :notes:
            My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves me altogether.

"When enough is enough, that's when you know your half way there"-Tim Mcllrath

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Welcome Seachange
              Sound like you are fair determined - I reckon that's half the battle. Good luck with the Doc. if you have him/her on side I think that makes a big difference. I'll leave the prayers to those that pray but I wish you the best of luck and believe me you have come to a great place!
              Molly:welcome:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

thank you all soooo much!

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Welcome!

Lovely to have you here Sea change. Come and join us in the newbies nest, where its safe and there's lots of advice and chit chat. Have said a prayer for you.

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Hi Seachange, and welcome!

Make sure you read the 'Toolbox' thread, which Jackie also suggested and provided a link to. It's packed with useful strategies and idea's to stay off the grog.

Best wishes on your journey. Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

HI and welcome Seachange.
                      We're all at different places on the same journey in here. Glad to have you join us.

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Hi and :welcome: Sea Change

It sounds like you've got quite a lot of determination on your side. That's great. True grit gets you through some times.

I'll pray for you while I'm praying for myself if you like. Stick around, its a good place with lots of good people.
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

hi, i'm a newbie...

Hi Sea Change,

Welcome to MWO!
                          You've already gotten a lot of good advice - I just want to say welcome & invite you to join us in the Newbies Nest thread for some more support!

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X