Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone - I just joined

:new:
    My name's Paddy, and I'm 35. I'm from Europe, but have been living in Asia for the past 12 years working in education and now in development.

I've been worried about my drinking habits for the last two years. While I don't really get drunk, I consume a bottle of wine, or champagne a day. My folks are on the booze as well, but fortunately I do not live at home anymore, so being alone should actually make it easier for me to kick the habit.

I have been working with the magic pill 'Campral' (acomprosate) manufactured by Merck - taking four per day. Unfortunately, the pill does not seem to work anymore. I guess, the underlying reason is that I really have to get my act together and start abstinence again ... Particularly, because on top of this alcohol problem, I have to cope with anxiety attacks (For which I take Zoloft and small doses of Xanax). So, there are enough reasons to give up drinking.

Unfortunately, the part of the world I live and work, there is no AA facility. So, I guess that's why I'm trying the online forum option.

Anyway, glad to have found this forum,

Best

Paddy:thanks:
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Hi Paddy,
    Glad you have found us!!!!But not the best one to reply!
    But be smart & do your research and learn! This is not a race for anybody but a learning call for us all.
    AND:welcome:
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Thanks Shas! Great to get a reply from an Aussie. I did study in Melbourne at Monash. Aus obviously not the best place to practice abstinence from the booze, grin ...

Catch ya

Paddy
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
      X