My first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first time

My teenager would say I am LAME, but this is my first time in a chat. Just finished the book today, and I am excited to get started. My Dr can't get me in for 2 weeks, so I'll have to wait for the Topa, but I ordered the All One supplement, and have the CDs. I am not sure if I should put all on hold until I get the medication, or start with the CDs? Also, in the book the rec Kudzu dose is 150, but I only see 300mg on the MWO website:new:

My first time

Hi Echo, Welcome to MWO, it is great to have you here!

Congratulations on starting with the book. That was also my first step. I chose not to take the Rx meds. But I swear by the Kudzu, yes, I took the ones from here, 300 mg's 3 times a day. I also took the L-glutamine and the All in One. I also meditated twice a day. When thoughts and cravings were strong, I would go out and walk for 30 minutes. It worked!

So, please continue to post, and read, and read in the Monthly ABS section. There is a lot of encouragement there! Feel free to ask questions and share your concerns and your struggles. We are here to help!

Best Wishes!
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My first time

Hi Echogirl and :welcome:

Teenagers are something else sometimes aren't they? I think in some ways they are really lucky they were born at a time when there is all this technology around and they actually learn how to use it at school. I was just born too early!!!

Anyway Echo you have now found a great site. I hope you stick around and let us get to know you. It sounds like you are off to a good start. There's sure to be others dropping by who know more about the Kudzo etc.

I think you should just get started on af now - any af days are a real bonus.
      Drop in to the newbies nest - lots of good people there at different stages and lots of help coming from self experience.

I wish you all the best on your journey.
      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

My first time

Hi echogirl,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
        I started the program with no meds or even the supplements (allergy worries). I relied heavily on the info in the book, the CDs & made a good plan for myself.
        Look in the Tool Box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas for your plan

Wishing you the best & please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My first time

hi echogirl welcome to mwo,this is a great community with lots of advice & support,share your thoughts & feelings as we can all relate to what your going through,keep reading and posting.you are not alone,hope to see you around.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My first time

echogirl, I just wanted to say :colorwelcome: and I think you have found one of the best sites for alcohol addiction. I'am a newbie here too, so I look forward to getting to know you!
            runningwind
            The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

My first time

echogirl, Welcome to a great unjudgemental place - I went my first 30 days without anything (sleep was hard) but have made it so far. I just started supplements and will let you if they help. Glad to see you hear and can't wait to hear about your progress!

Comment

Working...
              X