Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Do I Do It

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and have ordered the book. Have been reading through some of the posts and it is a comfort to know I am not alone. I do NOT want to drink anymore - I am fed up of wasting money, may just as well flush my money down the toilet. Why does 1 glass of wine have to turn into a bottle or more?

Today I do something positive and leave the wine in the bottle. Come back here if my resolve is about to fail me.

Like my handle I have got to quit quitting, and start sticking. Hoping this is the place to keep me on track.
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Why Do I Do It

Hi Quit Quitting--
    :welcome: Sounds like you are ready! You have found a good place. I have been coming for about a month and have found a lot of support from a lot of great people. It is a good place to stop into when you start to lose your strength and momentum and question why you bother.
    I posted four(five) words on my refridgerator that help me a lot --
    Love
    Health/Energy
    Family
    Money
    Those are the things that AL rob you of. Helps me.
    Good luck and hope to see you around!

Violet

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Hi Quit!

Nice to meet you! Yes, you HAVE found a really great place to help in your journey and the battle against the wine!

Im just like you, one or two "nice" glasses of wine, will turn me into a Zombie who will not only finish one bottle, but will more than likely go get more and more! Almost everytime I drink, I blackout as well. NOT GOOD and NOT fun!!! And your right, what a waste of money as well!

Were all here for the same reason, to beat this cycle of alcohol crazyness and addiction.

Lots of WONDERFUL supportive people on here, and we tend to get quite close in our support for one another. Many people have been on here for many years, myself included.

Also lots of people getting sober in many different ways. Some do meds, some do the book and suppliments, some just plain old quit. You will also find you feel more comfortable in different threads as well. I tend to stick around on the ODAT (One Day At A Time) thread, or you might like the Newbies Nest, where ever you feel comfortable!!

Hope you stick around and benefit from MWO!!!

:welcome:

Overit
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Hi Quit Quitting,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
        While you read the book, also look in the Tool Box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas to help you make your plan!

Wine was my poison of choice too - a lot of it!
        I have just celebrated my 1 year AF anniversary - you can do it too

Wishing you the best on your journey & please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Why Do I Do It

:goodjob:

hi quit quitting & welcome to mwo,we have agreat community here with lots of advice & support,read as many posts as you can and share your thoughts & feelings,goodluck hope you stick around:goodjob:...Dont quit quitting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Yes Quit quitting I reckon you've found the best place - certainly helped me. As long as the wine is in the bottle it can't harm you - maybe loose the corkscrew? If only it were that easy! Its not easy at first - no point in pretending but as each day goes by it gets easier and easier
            Hang around and:welcome:
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Quit Quitting;829352 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Just joined and have ordered the book. Have been reading through some of the posts and it is a comfort to know I am not alone. I do NOT want to drink anymore - I am fed up of wasting money, may just as well flush my money down the toilet. Why does 1 glass of wine have to turn into a bottle or more?

Today I do something positive and leave the wine in the bottle. Come back here if my resolve is about to fail me.

Like my handle I have got to quit quitting, and start sticking. Hoping this is the place to keep me on track.
              Quit Quitting, I think almost everyone with a drinking problem has ask that question, I know I have. Maybe along each of our journeys, we will find the answer to that question but don't let it be your focus... :welcome: I hope to get a chance to know you better!
              runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Thanx so much for your messages of encouragement - it feels so nice to not be on your own and part of a bigger thing (if that is a correct description). I managed Sun and Mon with no wine, even tho there are 3 bottles in the house. Cannot remember the last time I did not drink when there was wine in the house. That in itself is an achievement.

I know it will not be easy as so many mornings I wake with a renewed willpower to not drink and by the time I get home my resolve has gone.

Will confess to opening a bottle tonight - but that is all it will be one bottle shared with hubby. Followed by a mug of hot chocolate and bed.

I will be sticking around and look forward to sharing not only my journey but all of yours also.

Together we can do it.

Thank you xx

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Hi Quit Quitting.

Welcome to MWO. It's been a great journey of ups and downs too for me this far. This is a great place. Myself currently got 17 days under my belt and feel confident that I will do this.

It seems important to get yourself some kind of a action plan together and there is some great help you can find. If your decision is (and I would encourage you) to go AF, I would suggest getting rid of AL in your house. It is just too difficult when temptation is always luring and too easy to give in.

How does your husband feel about your drinking? And is he a problem drinker? I can only imagine it would be difficult in this case for you to quit without him changing his habits as well? However, my wife drinks (socially) and has the odd glass of wine here and there and I am comfortable with this thought.

I'd be very interested to read more about your story and getting to know you.

I wish you all the best on this journey.

Welcome!
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Why Do I Do It

Thanx JohnnyH

Hubby is just as bad so we are as bad as each other - altho he agrees we do need to cut down. Last night went out for a meal first bottle we shared in the pub. Got home and he opened the second bottle. I know I should have been stronger but I was not. I am responsible for pouring the liquid down my throat.

But when all said and done he knows I have joined this site and we are both in the journey together.

Will post my story when I get a bit of time - but it is not that exciting.

Love and encouragement to all xx

Comment

Working...
                    X