Day 30 ! What Next ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Hi everyone, I am on Day 30 and have decided no big celebration. This may lead to that oh what will hurt one drink and then I am back to dreaded Day 1. No thanks! I have found that I am still moody - and crazy as it sounds - like I am just not that much fun without drinking. Is that normal? Or mental? Hey drink and you'll have fun? I just got the 6 week package and was wondering what your experience has been with the supplements? And thanks to all of you as this place has helped me so much - for advice and understanding that many people are going thru what I am going thru.

Day 30 ! What Next ??

yeah, I can relate, I feel that I am more fun when I have had a few glasses of wine, without that I remain my very controlled self, this has been an excuse for not quitting, HELP! My husband even says I am more fun when I have had a few, this makes it very hard to quit even though I know that I need to, for my health's sake. This is no help to you, Farm Girl, this is reaching out for help.

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 AF DAYS!!

Good work Farm Girl, be proud of yourself!
      For me the next step was to work on changing my thinking. You CAN be fun without drinking. You can be happy, healthy & guilt free without drinking. You have more cash in your pocket without drinking so treat yourself to something nice.

I have not used the supplements myself (allergy concerns) but it seems most people do & benefit from them. The Hypnotherapy CDs really helped me to relax & change my thinking, have you tried them?

Keep up the good work, please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread too.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

awesome job on 30 days well done and keep it going
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

30 days is awesome and next month I hope to be joining you there. In the words of Dory "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"
          Are you sure you were more fun when you had been drinking, or did you just think you were?
          If your husband thinks so too, has he been drinking when he says that?
          I guess loosening up without alcohol is a learned thing, just like unlearning the need to turn to it when you're stressed and unhappy.

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Well done on the 30days sober farm girl.
            Yeap my hubby once said that to me i was more of a laugh, but not no more because he knows that one drink or one drunk what it leads to now and the madness that goes on in my head.
            I remember when i first try to stop drinking my hubby thought i was having a afffair because i shut myself of completely but that the effect of what AL does to ya.
            The moods and crazy feelings does go in time everyone is different.

All the best to you..... keep moving forward its the best way to go.x
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Well done Farmgirl - how wise you are not to celebrate - that lead to my first downfall, I thought I was invinceable - NOT!! I'm still a bit moody and grumpy at times, I suppose if we've had a crutch for god knows how many years when you throw away the crutch..........?
              Something fairly new to me is that I'm becoming aware that the only people I was more fun with were my drinking friends and I was drinking. Where I work, obviously we're not drinking ( not all that obviously previously I'll admit) and lots of people I work with don't drink anyway and I find I can relax and skit around and be a bit of a laugh, when I'm with people who are drinking they irritate me so much there is no way I could be fun - does that make sense?
              Anyway :goodjob: on 30 days, it feels great doesn't it!!!!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Farmgirl, congrats on the 30, high five! I know that it takes a lot of hard work to get there. You ask the same question I did, "what next". There was no real answer. The only thing I know, is like you, having a drink is not the answer for me either.
                - Sweatpea, I feel the same way often, and my wife also says stuff like I wish you would just have a beer with me. She doesn't understand that I don't want one, I want 12. I am still trying to see life through the sober paradigm, so I still have hope that what I used to see as the "fun to be with" guy who drinks may not be all it was made out to be in my mind
                - Lavande and Molly nailded it on the head, well said

Stay strong farmgirl, you can do it,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

:goodjob: well done on 30AF and well done for not celebrating with a drink.
                  i get really annoyed when people say 'have a drink and liven up'. i feel i am being boring when i dont drink, but as my partner correctly pointed out, how boring is a slurring, incoherent drunk, which is what i ended up being (only a short time after a few drinks would i be 'fun'). you are doing this for YOU, keep it up
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Hi Farm Girl,

Congratulations on getting your 30 days! That is GREAT! :goodjob:

Ok, can I share what happened to me last week? Last Wednesday I also got my first 30 days, as in EVER! It was a big deal to me and respresented so many things to me.

Then, foolishly I went out and got drunk!!!!

Farm Girl, My posts went from happy person to miserable, depressed, regretful person.

I had wished so bad that I had not screwed it up! It SO was not worth it to me.

With that being said, I suggest you keep going!!!!!

Wishing you the best,

Overit
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

:goodjob:

The hard part is over. I agree so much with what everyone has said above! I still remember my first 30 days. It felt so good, I just kept on going, and it turned into 60, then 90 then......it seemed really stupid to throw all that away. I kept telling myself, that my body was detoxed--why start pouring the poison in again and have to start all over. Besides, it was fun to be able to say I'd be af that many days. Also, I knew after that length of time the hangover would be a killer, and I REALLY don't want to do that to myself.

I guess maybe we are more fun whilst drinking. I'm pretty sure I was. But, oh well. I HAVE fun now, in lots of different ways. Sometimes I have to try harder to relax and not be so uptight--but I used alcohol so long I have lost my inner child.

Anyway, life IS different without alcohol. But it is better in so many more ways than it is worse.
                      LET them be more fun and feel like S#$T!

Keep going, you won't regret it.

As far as the supplements, I did use most of them for awhile. I think they help repair the damage we've done to ourselves. FWIW.
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Hey fantastic job!! Well done.

30 days is a huge sucess. Surely it's got to be uphill from here for you?!

Congratz
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

:goodjob: on 30 Days AF! I say keep rockin' it. I decided to give drinking a whirl after 60 days and boy, what THAT a huge mistake. My "fantasies" of drinking and being fun, and having fun are LONG ago history that I cannot get back again. For me, drinking is just misery in a bottle. My life was shite at the end of my drinking career (thank you Euros for the shite word!) and it's a zillion times better now, even though I no longer try to be the life of the party. (for better or worse - usually worse)

2 cents,

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

Thanks everyone, for the support and words of advice!! And you are so right - maybe I just perceive myself as more fun because I really drank the most when I was alone. Not pretty. I vow to never have a AL hangover again. Just remembering all my hangovers is enough to not drink again! So I'm on Day 31 and feeling strong!

Comment

Day 30 ! What Next ??

FarmGirl!!! YES!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!
                              LT formerly known as stillcrawling

Comment

Working...
                              X