Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi have been wanting to do something about my drinking. I'm 24 and don't drimk everyday, but always take it too far. Had a hard time with aa and stopped going. I just want to be normal and not have to worry about getting too wasted. I don't know whats best, but maybe total abstinence is the way to go. Whats the best supplements/medication to help cravings?

You can download the book for $12 and it gives a complete list of supplements. Or, you can go the the Health Store on this site and order them. Good luck!

Comment

Hi and welcome

You have made the first step and that's great, because you are so young and have the rest of your life ahead of you and many don't recognise their problems until they're in middle age. :goodjob:
      Read all the info about supplements and read the book.
      I don't take prescribed meds because I don't have that many withdrawl symptoms and don't want to tell my Doc, but many people on here do and find they help. Otherwise, it's important to take multivitamins because Al deprives you of nutrients, take L-Glutamine which helps suppress cravings and Milk Thistle to help protect and support your liver.

Comment

Hi there....good for you for asking for help and knowing that you need to stop. That is a HUGE first step. :goodjob:
        There is so much information here. Be sure to just start looking around and reading & posting and reading & posting and then reading & posting.
        You will meet a lot of supportive people here that will be able to help you on this journey. Some people take prescription meds, some people take supplements, some take both and some don't take anything and some use the hypnosis cd's.
        I personally found that L-Glutamine powder really helps the cravings. I also take a prescription Topamax which helps controls the cravings.
        I'm glad that you found us. And look forward to getting to know you as we walk together on this path to a better life.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome Dontwannabbad! Sorry know nothing about supps/meds but keep coming here, like Norac says 'reading and posting' and then some more - it is an amazing lifeline, without the people here I could not do this. You have your whole life ahead of you - don't come back to a place like this when you're 40 or 50 and realised you have wasted more than half your life like I have.
          Molly:welcome:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi don'twannabebad,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
            You really should read the MWO book then make your plan. Take a look in the Tool Box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas for your plan.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for some support - lots of people there just getting started as well!

Wishing you the best!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X