First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

:new: I need your support please for far to long I have been drinking far to much I don't know why but I want to cut way down I have a great husband 2 lovely children a part time job but every night the vodka's out and I don't want to anymore :thanks:

First Day

Hi Mary and :welcome:

Well done for reaching out, you will find plenty of support here, Have a good look around the site and read the posts, you will see that there are many many people who have felt as you do and found their way out.

Most people will advise you to create a plan for yourself, what you want to achieve, for example, 30 days alcohol free (AF) as a start, and what you plan to do to get yourself there, this is a helpful thread on plans https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html.

The toolbox is avery helpful for strategies and reasons not to drink! https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html.

This thread is good advice for people just beginning, https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ere-41172.html

Dive in and you will be glad that you did!
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

First Day

hi mary & welcome to mwo,ditto to what gold has said above,this is a great community with lots of advice & support,share your thoughts & feelings also read as many as the posts as you can,hope you stick around..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

First Day

:welcome: Mary A,
        Just adding my welcome and hellos.

Another ditto to what Gold has said before.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

First Day

Me too Mary A
          This is the best place for support - vodka was my bessie mate for a long time - that friendship goes very sour doesn't it!
          Follow previous advice and keep coming here reading and posting
          Molly:welcome:
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

First Day

Welcome to MWO.
            Well, with a wonderful husband and two beautiful children, plus yourself, there are 4 instant and fantastic and exciting reasons to cut down on the alcohol!!
            Take the plunge!

Comment

First Day

Hi Mary,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
              You can change your life, one day at a time! There are lots of wonderful people here willing to help

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for support, lots of folks there just getting started as well.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First Day

:welcome: Mary! I used to be a wine and vodka girl myself. (not in the same glass at the same time!) My life is monumentally better without it. All the best to you on your journey!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

First Day

:welcome: hi mary, good to have you here. this is a great place for support and advice. im now over a month AF, and i know for sure i couldnt have done it without the people here at MWO. im sure you will find the help you need here.
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

First Day

Hi Mary,

Hey, welcome and congratulations for coming out here and asking for help and admitting you have got a problem. That is definately a difficult step or at least it has been for me!!

Got two beautiful children and a beautiful wife myself who don't deserve my drunken self. They give me the strenght to do it and the MWO is a great assistance. The support here is overwhelming.

Get yourself organised, get yourself a plan together on how to tackle this and join us in our fight for sobrietry. Climbing a mountain isn't easy. very challenging and difficult at times. But mountains aren't meant to be climbed alone. We do this in company of people who can enrouage us! Together we can do this

Welcome!!
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

First Day

thanks for being so welcoming no alcohol in the house tonight Im going to do this. Xx

Comment

First Day

Having no AL in the house will be a huge plus for you! If I can do this, so can you. ROCK IT AF!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

First Day

Hi Mary and welcome to a fabulous site. Keep reading and posting and good luck on your journey. Take all the advice that is given and it really does get easier. I have slipped a few times and I know for sure if it wasn't for all the great people on here I would not have come back and I would still be drinking the bottle or two a night I was back in Feburary. Glad to have you on board :welcome:
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

First Day

Hi Mary - that is a great move, no AL in the house. First time I tried my husband had Vodka in the garage - and guess who found it and drank all of it? Now we have no AL at home so I am forced to figure out how to deal with life sober - and it is worth every minute of it!

Comment

Working...
                            X