YOU CAN DO THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOU CAN DO THIS!

WELCOME TO THE SITE! :welcome: Two months ago I found this site and I would have never imagined being where I am today! So healthy and happy! I have basically been drugged up or drunk all my life. I started smoking pot at 14 and never stopped until 33 years later, I was addicted to crack cocaine for 3 years, then I took up drinking for the next 25 years! Over the last 5 years, I drank a fifth of vodka every night at home with my husband. I never thought it was possible to get sober and to be happy! I tried to quit all my addictions for so long and never thought it was possible! Today is my 25 days without alcohol! Now it did not take my first try. I went 10 days sober, then drank, 8 days sober then drank, 7 days sober, then drank and now 25 days sober! So don't get upset if you fall, just pick yourself back up and start again. Never give up! I am so high on life and I thank God every day for still being alive after all I've been through so that I can enjoy life! This is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me, finding this site and all these wonderful people to help and encourage me so much! I could have never done it without them! I know you will make a ton of friends here and we all welcome you! :hug: Click on "Just starting out" and scroll down to "start here" by rubywillow. This will help you get familiar with the site. We all want to here from you so don't hesitate to post your feelings, problems or questions. :ranger We all love you, welcome you and want to help you in this journey to get sober and stay sober! Replace your negative thoughts and tell yourself I CAN DO THIS! Love, Vicki
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Well said & well done vicki

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

I can just feel you energy and enthusiasm,
      Well done,Vicki
      J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Good for you Vicki!
        You kept trying & are now finding success - that's what it's all about
        Keep up the great work!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thank you, Vicki. You validate me with your posts, and I am SOOOO happy that you are feeling so good about a life without AL. I've been able in the last week to do things I couldn't have before, and with it being spring here, enjoying EVERY minute of it, and of getting to know you.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

A fantastic post SOBS it gives encouragement to us all - well done on the 25 days

Luv P x
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Great stuff Vicki, and congratulations on 25 day's. This is how i feel everyday of my life, still, after almost 18 months sober! Keep forging the path through the little humps and bumps ahead, and you'll come out the other side hardly ever thinking about drinking. Keep your toolbox full of techniques and strategies against booze handy, and close to you. Never forget what it did to you.

Best wishes on your journey! Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

You rock, Vicki! Twenty-five days is amazing! :goodjob:

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

honestly I joined yesterday and I already feel great about this place!

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Great post Vicki!! 25 days is great!! Keep going and I'll be following you....

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hey Vicky,

I just loved reading that post. Your story is an amazing story of a way to recovery. You are quite right, thank God for being alive (and kicking ) People struggle to overcome a percentage of what you are mastering sucesfully now.

I which that your 25 will turn into 50, 100, 1000 days and you never look back. I love the way how you sound so positive. Keep going!!

Luv,

Johnny
                      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Awww, Im just reading this for the first time too Vicki.

Im so happy for you! Im glad this website was the God send you needed, it has been for me too in many ways.

One thing that has always been so comforting to me is knowing that YOU ARE NOT ALONE! For so many years I thought I was the "only" one, the "crazy" one. I really had no idea there were others out there, and although I wish none of us had these problems, we can use and support each other in recovery.

Keep going girl!!!

Love,

Overit
                        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Well Done, Vickie on your 25 Days! Keep it going and remember, there will always be some ups and downs, that is all just part of life. But living without alcohol always makes everything better!

XXX Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Just wanted to reply to this post so I could move it up to the top for the latest beginners to read. We all love you and are here for you. We don't care where you've been. We've all been there. We just want you to know there is a better life for you. Stick to this site continuosly and you can do it! If you fall, there are plenty of people to pick you up and get you started again. We are all on this same journey with you, to get and stay sober! We love you! Vicki
                            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thanks so much for the inspiring post. I really needed to hear your story today. It's been a rough day and I was just starting to lose hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X