X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wednesday, March 31st

Am I really first???
    Where are all you Aussies????
    Just sipping coffee and trying to force myself into the shower......nothing to report
    How is everyone
    Am I really first......is this an April Fools Joke??
    xoxoxoxox
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Hahahaha.

Morning Mama. Well, one of the South Africans is here now.

Morning all,

Felt I highjacked the thread yesterday so though I try and keep quiet for a while. But.... I can't for long

Feeling awesome this morning. A little pain from the little procedure yesterday but manageable.

Going for an outing with the family now (mom is leaving tomorrow to go back). Should be fantastic.

Hope you all have a stunning AF day.

And thanks Mama for starting the thread. How are you feeling. Getting some AF time under your belt?
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

An Aussie here too, now.

Yeah, I felt I talked too much yesterday.

I have done NOTHING today, so I will have to white-knuckle it tomorrow. Last day of term and then my young man has three weeks off school. Yippee....

Spam xx

Comment

Johnny
        I feel great and a wee bit of AF time,but not much.....but 2 or 3 beers at night is a HUGE improvement for me......I did have an AF weekend by the way....my job is damn stressful that I always crack a cold one when I walk in the door....I KNOW, I know....thats an excuse.......
        Spam I responded to you on yesterdays thread so check that out
        hope your knee is better and we can talk about mom anytime you want!!

Comment

Hi Mama,

Thanks - I read your posts yesterday.

The knee is getting better; the situation with my mother won't ever get better :H

Spam xx

Comment

Hi Guys!!!

I am here too!!! I wonder what happened to Another Day? I pray she is ok.

I am doing pretty good!!! I was worried that my slip might be the beginning of some catastropic downfall, but thankfully it has not (Thank you God!)

I did something that I never have done before, which was to do exactly what you guys told me to do. I picked myself up, and tried again. I am now at day 6, with the hopes of doing another 30 days.

Whats really strange is that for so many many years I tried to have some success, but I always failed. I have no idea why I am managing some "success" now??? Its truly a mystery to me.

Love you guys, Im thinking about you and wishing you all my best for the day.

Overit
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hey Over It....read my post from yesterday...I posted a theory about Another Day's absence.
              Love you!!

Comment

Sure will Mama!

Yes, I did miss yesterdays thread due to being stuck at work all day. I will go back and read it.

Sounds like you are doing pretty good! Im glad!!

Comment

Hey.

Back from our little outing. Going to check the sunset from Signal Hill tonight. So some resting time in between.

That's cool Mama Bear. As long as you got power over the beast that's fantastic. I'm sure when the time is right you will get some more AF time under the belt.

Hey Over it. So glad you got right back on track. That's real strenght. How easy it is to say well now I slipped what the heck (like with me. Taking 9 months to get back on track ! You can do it.

Hey Spam. Fantastic that your son will be on holiday from tomorrow. I'm on holiday now and had a fantastic day with my kids and looking forward to some more time with them untill i'm back to work next week. Spending time with them really keeps me motivated.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

OverIt2007;831114 wrote: Hi Guys!!!

I am here too!!! I wonder what happened to Another Day? I pray she is ok.

I am doing pretty good!!! I was worried that my slip might be the beginning of some catastropic downfall, but thankfully it has not (Thank you God!)

I did something that I never have done before, which was to do exactly what you guys told me to do. I picked myself up, and tried again. I am now at day 6, with the hopes of doing another 30 days.

Whats really strange is that for so many many years I tried to have some success, but I always failed. I have no idea why I am managing some "success" now??? Its truly a mystery to me.

Love you guys, Im thinking about you and wishing you all my best for the day.

Overit
                    Overit,

How sweet of you. I am ok! I've been really busy and truth is I am on day five of no cigarettes or day six (if you don't count the one cigarette I smoked on Friday of last week). I find that smoking and being on forums goes together, so I've been running around and doing things - anything to get out of the house for days now to not pick up a cigarette.

The great news is I don't drink at all when I don't smoke because it's not a possibility. I don't even think about drinking because I know it will lead to a smoke and I really don't want to smoke.

I'm on day 6 too of no drinking and see you are on day 6. I know you can do another 30 and you will!

I've missed you guys and this thread, but I will have to be gone for a bit more until I am more comfortable not smoking, but I still might pop in for this thread only, then again.

Over and out!

AD

Comment

Hi Another Day!

Good to hear from you, and I am glad you are ok.

Good job on getting to day 6!! Yes, we are on the same day. Im going for another 30 days at least.

Dont be a stranger!!!

Johnny, posted to you on "What we Believe" thread too.

Overit

Comment

Working...
                      X